Jon Cornell's turbo VMax is on ebay motors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started a thread in the V Max Market section a few days ago called 'Bad Ass 1985" that was the E-Bay listing for this bike.It was deleted as a "duplicate"???:ummm: Isn't duplicate a copy of the original?

If you look at the very first post of this thread you will find this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985...7389238?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item460093aeb6

The copy is a good read. You may not like him, but you have to agree this is a neat bike. He has been courteous to me when I have contacted him. I ahve not bought anything from him directly but I do own a Dragstar 4/1.

Therefore the "bad ass 1985" and the eBay listing in the classifieds is a duplicate listing. As in multiple listings for the same thing.

This thread has been moved here, due to it evolving in to a conversational thread and the person listing the eBay auction on the site, is not the seller.

I'm starting to delete old posts (about 3 months and older) and curb new postings of items for sale that don't belong to the person posting them. Unless the person posting them is in contact with that person, like doing a friend or neighbor a favor.

Its a pain in the ass, to try and monitor the items/bikes for sale that are just the "look what I found" variety. the majority of times, when the person selling the item gets an email, from me, regarding the sale of the item/bike there is the either; no response, or the "I didn't put anything up there".

Maybe a section called "look what I found" can be added to the classifieds and they will get deleted after a couple of months and the people can email them and take thier chances with the seller, that they might still have the item/bike.

Perfectly good idea KJ.
I do "look what I found" posts, and I don't care if they are deleted after a day or 2!

I have posted those types of ads because of what looks like a good bargain, but not having seen the bike. I would place them in such a file if one was made instead of under 'for-sale other.'

Obviously, geographically-speaking, most of these are probably not gonna motivate anyone, but sometimes, someone might follow-up. They can do the follow-up from the new proposed file, but I think a week may not allow exposure to people who might be interested. I would buy some of what I have posted, if I could, but how-many bikes can a guy have, anyway? And 'texas-ss-tornado' and 'a113ycat' don't count!

.... but sometimes, someone might follow-up. They can do the follow-up from the new proposed file, but I think a week may not allow exposure to people who might be interested. I would buy some of what I have posted, if I could, but how-many bikes can a guy have, anyway? And 'texas-ss-tornado' and 'a113ycat' don't count!

LOL,

I agree totally, that's why I've been trying to get in contact with the owners at least monthly. There has been some hellacious deals that if I lived in the contiguous 48, I would have jumped on them.

I am very appreciative that Buster, Gamargo, and KJ donate their time to seeing the site run smoothly. Frankly, I spend more time on here than any other recreational site. I get good deals, I give good deals, and there is much to learn. Plus, and most-importantly, the internet urinary length-of distribution competitions are kept to a minimum. That stuff just makes me drop the site when I frequently encounter it.

Fire-medic;236034the internet [I said:
urinary length-of distribution competitions[/I] are kept to a minimum. That stuff just makes me drop the site when I frequently encounter it.

lol, that's the most politically correct way to say pissing contest I've ever heard. And I've just stepped away from several forums when a few members that are particularly unsure of their manhood ruin every thread with a pointless argument.

As for that bike, it's got to be the gaudiest thing on the planet. If chrome was meant to be paint, we'd have chrome houses. Plus that rear fender is fug-ly. On the plus side, you'd probably get lots of saggy flappy tail from HD chicks at the local bike night who get moist(or used to, before 8 kids turned it into a small hallway) for chrome.

I'm sure it's fast and he poured a shitload of cash into it, doesn't change the fact he's a childish douche with absolutely no taste. The apeshit overload of chrome just points to that also....a 10 year old's vision of a perfect bike...CHROME EVERYTHING. And I'm sure thinks the "little fucker" and "nads" plate that he made sure to get a close-up of is absolutely hilarious as well.

If I saw that bike parked on the street, I'd think well, I bet the guy who owns that is that awkward kid in high school who'd do anything if you'd just notice him for a few seconds. The kid that would offer to do your homework all semester if you'd just hang out with him or invite him to a party. Nobody was really his friend of course since he was annoying and never shut up about his Pokemon card collection, failing to notice nobody gives a shit. This is what happens when that kid grows up and ends up with lots of disposable cash.

Back