Limited time major discount offer!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, not sure if I put the other post in a good place but we are now shipping 85-92 INTIMINATORS.

Same discount.

Brian

I have progressive springs and 1 inch lowering block. Will they still work with this set up?

I just ordered some for my 2003. I am currently running the Progressive front springs and 15wt oil. Handles well, but the ride is rough and you feel every pebble in the road. Hoping that these will smooth out the ride and maybe offer better handling yet. I plan on keeping the Progressive springs. Will give a full report once they are installed.

*Edit* I ordered them on Sunday, received them yesterday, and installed them today. They did seem to smooth out the little imperfections in the road, but a larger bump will still punish ya. There is a very noticeable decrease in brake dive and extension under acceleration compared to the old setup, which itself was a huge improvement over stock. Overall handling appeared to have improved as it seemed less likely to feel 'squirely' around tight corners, but it wasn't a super obvious difference and might have been my imagination.

Going off of my observations from riding today, I believe that a person still running factory springs would see a much larger improvement in performance over someone who is already running aftermarket springs with thicker oil. I think that already running stiffer springs and thicker oil negates some of the improvements in handling that can be felt with these. I tossed out the factory springs when I installed the Progressives so I cannot compare the two.

One thing that is a possible concern is that these are a very tight fit. I had to use the spring and push them down to be seated. It seems like it could be a chore to remove them if need be.

Overall I would say that they are an improvement, but its not a 'Holy S&*t! How did I ever ride the bike before these?!' type improvement.

Last edited:
Just a quick note to say I placed my order today... the coupon code is still valid. It will be awhile before I get to install however (I'll be returning home from Afghanistan late Aug. after 6 months). I will post my experiences once done. Thanks for the bargain! I didn?t want to wait until I got back home and find out the offer was over LOL.

R Dizzle,
Stay safe over there man! You're right, this is a fantastic deal, and I wonder if anyone with a pre-93 has taken up the "free set" offer yet? It would suck to not be able to ride for a while, but a guy my size can use all the advantages I can get!

R Dizzle,
Stay safe over there man! You're right, this is a fantastic deal, and I wonder if anyone with a pre-93 has taken up the "free set" offer yet? It would suck to not be able to ride for a while, but a guy my size can use all the advantages I can get!

The "free set" offer is over however you can now get the same discount on the Intimidators for the pre 93 forks.

I ordered a set too, and got an email yesterday confirming they had been shipped. The vmax coupon is indeed still valid, which made it affordable to me.

Heretic, did you stay with the 15W fork oil or did you go to the 5W?

Yeah they ship these things out FAST! I got the 2 bottles of the amsoil 5w oil they recommend. No way I would've been able to justify the expense without the offer... with the $$ saved I got the (used) progressive 440 shocks that nobody had for sale. Pretty good investment I feel, should be a nice set-up once I get 'er all installed

Yeah they ship these things out FAST! I got the 2 bottles of the amsoil 5w oil they recommend. No way I would've been able to justify the expense without the offer... with the $$ saved I got the (used) progressive 440 shocks that nobody had for sale. Pretty good investment I feel, should be a nice set-up once I get 'er all installed

Pretty much the set up I have and bang for the buck - a great upgrade!

Mike

What fork oil level did you guys use with the ricors and progressive springs?

Thks,

Dale #2592

What fork oil level did you guys use with the ricors and progressive springs?

Thks,

Dale #2592

You still use factory specs:

85-92 5.5 in. of oil
93-07 4.84 in. of oil

You measure from top of the fork leg to oil while fork is fully compressed.

You still use factory specs:

85-92 5.5 in. of oil
93-07 4.84 in. of oil

You measure from top of the fork leg to oil while fork is fully compressed.

I was thinking that but progressive claims 5.5" max for their springs and then you have the volume of the ricor inserts. I've got 43mm forks. Ricor says between 4" - 6" depending on fork dia. (Larger dia. = more oil)
I tried 5.5" find it handles great but quite rough for cruising. I'm going to try 5.75".

Thks,

Dale #2592

20 us oz in each fork for 43mm - worked out to 4.75" down leg - fully compressed with ricor in but no spring.

Mike

Don't you find that it gives quite a harsh ride with that much oil? Handles great but you feel every stone and divet in the road.

Dale #2592

Don't you find that it gives quite a harsh ride with that much oil? Handles great but you feel every stone and divet in the road.

Dale #2592

No Dale, very smooth over small bumps, etc...

What is your sag set at? should be about 1/3 of total travel - mine is about 1 1/2" or so. With the forks compressed and no spring in - but ricor installed - fork oil level is 4.75" from the top of the fork leg.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Latest posts

Back