Limited time major discount offer!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Dale, very smooth over small bumps, etc...

What is your sag set at? should be about 1/3 of total travel - mine is about 1 1/2" or so. With the forks compressed and no spring in - but ricor installed - fork oil level is 4.75" from the top of the fork leg.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Here's what I had: Progressive springs, 1.5 " lowering blocks, ricors and oil height at 5.5" (forks compressed, no springs)
I found it very harsh but great handling. I just lowered the oil to 5.75". I still have to test it more but so far feels much better.

Dale #2592

Oh yeah....sag is at 1 3/8".

Got the ricors installed and everything reassembled (very small test drive after).
1. The install was simple (with my Haynes manual)... this is the first time I have done any work on forks at all.
2. I used the 5w amsoil they recommend and set oil height as per the manual (123mm from top of tube).
3. So far Very happy with this purchase...
will update later after several more miles are put on them

P.S. I also installed the progressive 440 rear shocks at the same time

Last edited:
Yeah, I have been toying with getting these too - but I am waiting on hearing more in-depth reviews.

Yeah, I have been toying with getting these too - but I am waiting on hearing more in-depth reviews.

Honestly, while that discount code is back on GO FOR IT!

I couldn't quite justify the full price, but at 50% off I went for it and I am SO happy I did. It really made my front end much better. I used to be really upset at how the Max would feel going over any lane changes, small bumps, even reflectors in the road - it would always feel weird and imprecise, and judder slightly in an uncomfortable way. No other bike I've ever ridden (and there's been a few) ever felt that bad. It was disconcerting and slightly scary.

Since fitting the Intimators with 5W oil, (I already had Progressive springs and 15W oil) my bike feels MUCH better. Gone are all these weird judders and impreciseness. It now feels properly planted, and much more stable in all turns up to about 75mph. After that the frame flex sends it wallowing, I'm hoping solid motor mounts will help.

BTW I didn't cut down my springs spacers, so I added 15mm of preload (the height of the intimators) and I like it that way. This is on my '86 with the 41mm forks and an aftermarket billet brace, running no air in the forks. :punk:

Crap on a cracker! Just saw this thread and it appears that the offer expired on 10/23. One week too late....damn!

Crap on a cracker! Just saw this thread and it appears that the offer expired on 10/23. One week too late....damn!

Yeah, me too. Just tore my forks apart, new seals, oil etc...I get on here to do some research and find this thread...too late. Would have been a good opertunity to drop them in. Oh well. next time.:bang head:

No harm in asking them if they can extend the deadline. Worst case, is they say no.

Hey guys,

I extended the offer. We still need more reviews form V-Max owners.

Thanks,

Brian

whats the typical review of these with progressive? redbone u running progressives?

We will be releasing rear shocks soon for different applications.

Any interest from V-max owners?

whats the typical review of these with progressive? redbone u running progressives?

Brian, Thank-you for extending the offer. I probably won't get much of a chance to give you any feedback until springtime when the snow has melted enough and the roads are dry again. (ORDER PLACED 11/2/2009)

Garrett, I'm running Progressive 440's on the rear (just installed) and Progressive lowered (2") fork springs.

Back