• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for adjustable levers for an 85

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Up to you!
It's another Chinese seller who claims their levers fit all year of V-max.
See if they will e-mail you actual pics, or just take the chance!

(I came back and edited this because I made an assumption from the english on their site that they were Chinese.
It says the item is located in Wuxi, UK. ???
Further down it says "2. We located in CHINA, so reply on your questions maybe not so quickly. Do forgive us as the different time zone.")

Yea it's weird, I've emailed to ask for clarification..

..and here's the reply:

Dear friend,
Thanks for your asking.
The photo shown is our real products. We are aftermarket. The item is fit for yamaha vmax 2000.
We are located in China.
Any other questions feel free to let us know.
Yours sincerely,
Shirely

so what do we reckon, another ol' chinese dude calls himself Shirely? :rofl_200:

Yea it's weird, I've emailed to ask for clarification..

..and here's the reply:

Dear friend,
Thanks for your asking.
The photo shown is our real products. We are aftermarket. The item is fit for yamaha vmax 2000.
We are located in China.
Any other questions feel free to let us know.
Yours sincerely,
Shirely

so what do we reckon, another ol' chinese dude calls himself Shirely? :rofl_200:

the girl at wxtracing that i got in touch with wasn't named amy, she was shirely so maybe its the same company?

Well I've bought a pair, at $46 can't go too wrong..

Going for short style (they're extendable) in silver with silver adjuster.

I'll let ya all know how they fit - will be home in just over a week but still waiting for my bike!

This has no bearing on the adjustables y'all are buying, but just to tell you I hate you all, well at least the wallet does. You guys lit my Monkey's ass and caused it to want some cool after market adjustables. So, this caused the Monkey to steal the wallet in the middle of the night and buy an FJR ABS master to match my FJR clutch master, so that it would be one step closer to being able to get some blingy levers y'all's.

Thanks a lot (half sarcastic, half sincere). Hahaha.

Sent from my Tapatalking Hercules Android

I feel your ninjapain, I didn't want any levers either but this thread woke up up my mod monkey.. lil' bastard got me to buy a whole pile of add-ons already and I haven't even received my bike yet - s'been in shipment since late last year!!

the girl at wxtracing that i got in touch with wasn't named amy, she was shirely so maybe its the same company?

Nice one mate. I think you are 100% correct.

From the wtxracing site "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=宋体]3.We located in CHINA, so reply on your questions maybe not so quickly. Do forgive us as the different time zone.[/FONT][/FONT]" which is word for word the same as the Beyond Bikers listing.

And, the pictures that Amy emailed me were taken on the same desk as the Beyond Bikers pics were taken!!

Knowledge is power. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Ninja,
You should be thankful he didn't steal your wifes purse! :rofl_200:

This has no bearing on the adjustables y'all are buying, but just to tell you I hate you all, well at least the wallet does. You guys lit my Monkey's ass and caused it to want some cool after market adjustables. So, this caused the Monkey to steal the wallet in the middle of the night and buy an FJR ABS master to match my FJR clutch master, so that it would be one step closer to being able to get some blingy levers y'all's.

monkeyff.jpg

The slides make the levers longer or shorter, to better fit your hand.

The 1-6 adjustment puts the lever closer or further away from the bars, for comfort. If you have shorter fingers, it makes it a lot easier to grab.

The slides make the levers longer or shorter, to better fit your hand.

The 1-6 adjustment puts the lever closer or further away from the bars, for comfort. If you have shorter fingers, it makes it a lot easier to grab.
Thank you for explaining that to me. Being that my mittens are xxl I have no problems with my levers. They fit under my paw and are easy to reach.

Thank you for explaining that to me. Being that my mittens are xxl I have no problems with my levers. They fit under my paw and are easy to reach.

Same here, but that bloody mod monkey got me buying a pair anyway...

Oh I forgot one of the greatest functions - added bling! :coolgleamA:

I got big hands too, from palm to tip over 9", I'n high school I could bounce a basketball and palm it mid bounce.
After installing the levers then adjusting them, they're way more comfortable than the stockers. I went with the 2 finger ones and even with the DD mod its cake to use.

Well I don't need levers that are adjustable but mirrors that get a view other than my shoulders, I something I like but can't find the correct stems, too short or not out far enough.

Well I don't need levers that are adjustable but mirrors that get a view other than my shoulders, I something I like but can't find the correct stems, too short or not out far enough.

Also consider wider/higher handlebars - made a world of difference to my mirrors on the ol' 86..

Or, if you like'em, bar end mirrors?

I was considering bending the medium length stems a bit more to get that right.
Wider bars with a little more pull back will help too. I got standard width flat bars and lower risers so I couldn't see anything without full length stems on the mirrors.

Back