Man this guy was lucky!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did they actually touch or was that the passenger helmet clunking? Looks almost like the car bot bumped by the truck or something. that's pretty crazy.

I think that car had just passed the big rig(9 to 10 seconds on the video) and had just squeezed in front of the big rig when he clipped the vehicle that was in front of the car just ahead of the biker...

Did they actually touch or was that the passenger helmet clunking? Looks almost like the car bot bumped by the truck or something. that's pretty crazy.

I thought they touched. The bike looks like it fish-tails to the right cause of it. A little worse it prob would have sent them under the rig. That car loosing it a 1/2 a sec sooner would have def taken them out big......YIKES........we know it can be a dangerous place we play in.....

That looked deliberate to me...if it were me on the bike, I woulda turned around and made that car driver regret his/her mistake!

Elimax

Just a point to think about...in this instance being on a motorcycle might have actually been better than being in a car. A car might have taken that head on whereas the motorcycle was almost in the middle of his lane and thus barely avoided the accident.

There ARE instances where a motorcycle's small footprint can actually be a positive thing...

The one thing I always look out for when riding on two lane roads are opposing cars wanting to pass. I tend to ride closer to the center line so I'm most visible AND can see farther in front of me. In this particular situation it may not have worked out but hopefully I am paying attention enough to see something like this developing.
Stay safe and alert out there guys and gals!

I think the car was losing it after the pass. ( piss poor driving skills), it would have been two fatalities, I hear the semi air brakes coming on but I hate these videos because one does not see the end result of the incident. I'd love to see the conversation between the biker and car driver!

I spent this past Sat. at an 8 hr motorcycle safety class put on by the Okla. Highway Patrol. One thing we practiced was the emergency counter steer maneuver. Probably one of the most important things we as motorcyclists can learn to do effectively, whether it's dodging something in the road or a car coming our way.

Here is a video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh7EgUDoeYI

That looked deliberate to me...if it were me on the bike, I woulda turned around and made that car driver regret his/her mistake!

Elimax

As I said earlier, I think that car had passed the truck and had just made it back in front, squeezing between the truck's front bumper and the opposing vehicle that was in front of the car ahead of the biker. His rear bumper may have clipped the trucker's front bumper and induced a "PIT maneuver" causing him compensate and ended up veering into the other lane...

I spent this past Sat. at an 8 hr motorcycle safety class put on by the Okla. Highway Patrol. One thing we practiced was the emergency counter steer maneuver. Probably one of the most important things we as motorcyclists can learn to do effectively, whether it's dodging something in the road or a car coming our way.

Here is a video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh7EgUDoeYI

I wanna go to those classes....unfortunately I dont think they have them while I'm off.

As I said earlier, I think that car had passed the truck and had just made it back in front, squeezing between the truck'/QUOTE]
Looks like driver made it special - he wanted to force biker off the road. Anyway riding is so dangerous here in LA. Every morning news - bike is down. I have one situation every 3-4 weeks. I think that just he matter of time or luck, like in the war.

Elimax

Sounded like it crashed and you can hear the tractor trailer lock the brakes down. If the driver of the car wasnt hurt in the crash, he would have been before he left there. Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Back