Mark's Performance Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are made by Mark! :biglaugh: Ok, so I'm a comedian, and a bad one at that! Mark is the builder and retailer of the Marks Performance Exhaust and is located in Hesperia, Ca.
You can find his link here: http://www.vmaxforum.net/local_links.php?catid=1
The exhaust section has a few sound clips which will compell you to call Mark and purchase one of his beauties. If you want something custom ask him and he should be able to build it just like you want. The sound it puts out is addicting!

That is a great sound. Would still be slightly too loud to my taste for long ride I think, I love my Jardines!

Does Mark's allow you to retain the center stand?

Does Mark have an actual website? I followed the link to the vendor information page, but was curious if he has an actual website to see the products that he offers. Also can any speak to the cost of his exhaust system?

Yes. the Mark's allows you to retain use of the centerstand. I didn't like the look of the centerstand with my Mark's, as the C/S sticks out from the can. Mark's can starts further back with my 12" cans than the stock pipes.

Does Mark have an actual website? I followed the link to the vendor information page, but was curious if he has an actual website to see the products that he offers. Also can any speak to the cost of his exhaust system?
I paid close to $900 for my SS with 12" Aluminum skinned, non turn down tip cans. The last I knew Mark was running a sale for around $700 for a SS system, not sure on the exact specs on the cans though.
The links page needs to be corrected as Mark's site has changed. You can find the a link in the exhaust section.
Here is the link to the post that Dannymax made with the correct link: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=11752

Just happen to have this in my favorites!! :biglaugh: http://marksperformance.com/

The $699 special he is running is for the S/S 4 - 2, 14" aluminum cans with 2" baffles. I have a set of these and also the same set in black ceramic kinda mixed & matched between two bikes.

Attachments

• 100_1836.jpg
    100_1836.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_1854.jpg
    100_1854.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 80
another question on Mark's exhaust system
Who likes his 4into 2 sytem vs the 4 into 1?
Which sounds better and any performance differences?
Center stand?

I have his 4-2. I love the symetrical look of having a pipe on each side. And yes I still have my centerstand on the bike.

If I went for a full exhaust that's what I'd do - 4into2 for balanced looks and defo keep the center stand. No kerker for me!

One thing about Mark's that may or may not be true with others as well, if you have a can he will make his exhaust fit it. I know Przemek (Saterial666) has a Mark's 4 into 1 (maybe 4-2-1?) and it looks really nice. We need a sound clip BTW Prze!:whistlin:
Kratos has recently used a Levelone can with Mark's exhaust. We need pictures of the final result though.
Contact Mark and discuss what you want, I'm sure he'll make it sound and look great!

I have a Marks Stainless 4 into one. The pipes have all turned gold possibly from the heat of the Stage 7? Years ago in the 60's it was common for the pipe comming out of the engines on the British Bikes to turn blue. We sold ( Parents were a Dealership for Norton, Ducati & Moto Guzzi ) a product called " Blue Away" that worked amazingly well. Anyone know if there's anything like that to get that gold hue off the pipes on my 'Max? The gold goes all the way to the muffler can...

Hey F100 Panel,
I too have a Marks SS exhaust system (installed last November) but it's a 4-2 system w/o the Stage 7 kit. It too is turning a honey / gold color due to oxidation at the outside surface of the stainless pipes at the high temps of the hot exhaust. The muffler cans are aluminum covered, that's why the color stops there. Your right about chrome pipes; they turn bluish under the same hot exhaust temp conditions. Only way to keep the outer surface of the exhaust pipes from changing color, is to double wall them with an air gap between the two pipes; which is what the stock exhaust system was. Effective, but adds a lot of weight !

Blue Away or any of the polishing creams will work to remove the color, but it will come back again. Others here may have specific polishing creams that work best for them.

I kinda like the honey / gold color of the pipes. I'm going to keep it this way for now.... kinda looks distingished !!! :biglaugh:

I have a Marks Stainless 4 into one. The pipes have all turned gold possibly from the heat of the Stage 7? Years ago in the 60's it was common for the pipe comming out of the engines on the British Bikes to turn blue. We sold ( Parents were a Dealership for Norton, Ducati & Moto Guzzi ) a product called " Blue Away" that worked amazingly well. Anyone know if there's anything like that to get that gold hue off the pipes on my 'Max? The gold goes all the way to the muffler can...
They still sale a product I think its called blue job instead of blue away. When I had my Marks system I just used regular rubbing compoung on my mini buffer & they shined up great.

I just ordered a 4 2 1 system 1 5/8 tubing 14" can with a 2.5" baffle for the pcw 1500 motor Sean is chroming the can Jet hot the pipes.

Latest posts

Back