Marks pipes sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called him twice last Fri. (4-30), got a call back in the afternoon and ordered my pipes, he said he had sold out all the "special" sets he had made up so he will have to build my set but he still honored the special price. Very nice to deal with and I am so efffffin' anxious for them to arrive.

You don't know!

You'll love them though.

Chris

When I bought my stainless, Mark was the one who talked me out of the ceramic coated ones. He was starting to see some issues and he said I would be much happier with the stainless. That is what I got.

Herd that one of the local shops had the hook up on full systems for the Max's so I gave em a call and it turns out its Marks. haha, I never realized he was local to socal.
Sorry guys, he said I got the last one on "special sale" but its not even built yet so you never know, you might be able to talk him into making you one on the sale price.
Great guy on the phone, cant wait tell when I go up to pick em in person and I can go yell at my exwife, she lives up there in the high desert too.

I noticed my Kerker starting to have an exhaust leak down where the rear pipes slide into the main head pipe over the last several weeks. It kept getting louder and today I looked and noticed that the pipe had a huge f&^king chunk that had rusted out of it!!!

Dammit! I called Mark and he still had a set of the stainless 4 into 2 14 inch cans available for the sale price of $699 + shipping, but only with the open end caps. Kerker out, Mark's in.

The super crazy thing is that he didn't expect to get paid until AFTER I got the exhaust. He stated that no one from the V-Max community has ever screwed him over. Guess thats a testament to the kind of people who own and ride V-max's.

I noticed my Kerker starting to have an exhaust leak down where the rear pipes slide into the main head pipe over the last several weeks. It kept getting louder and today I looked and noticed that the pipe had a huge f&^king chunk that had rusted out of it!!!

Dammit! I called Mark and he still had a set of the stainless 4 into 2 14 inch cans available for the sale price of $699 + shipping, but only with the open end caps. Kerker out, Mark's in.

The super crazy thing is that he didn't expect to get paid until AFTER I got the exhaust. He stated that no one from the V-Max community has ever screwed him over. Guess thats a testament to the kind of people who own and ride V-max's.

Same thing with me, both times I ordered from him. "I'll send a bill along" he says.

You just don't run across that any more!! :punk:

Howard, you can have mine and I'll put the new ones on. Mine are getting dirty and I don't feel like polishing 'em up. :) Bitch.

I just put one of the old style, big tube hindles on my bike. The pipes sound good but I'm still missing the tone of my Marks with 12" cans and 2.5" outlets. Heres a pic with the new exhaust. Just noticed that the flash from my camera made the rim stripes light up. You don't even notice them unless its kind of dim out and you flash some light on them.

Attachments

• DSC04648.JPG
    DSC04648.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC04649.JPG
    DSC04649.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 78
I just put a call in but it went to the answering service. Guess I'll have to wait to see if I'm in for one of these Stainless Steel Sets....
Got an E-Mail reply that the sale does exist but no call back yet.:-(((

Wish Me Luck.......

While I'm awaiting a call from Mark, I'll ask the questions here that I'm waiting to ask Mark...
Also, should I call him back or just wait? I don't want to bug him but I sure don't want to miss out.

What is the standard outlet size and is it a turndown or just an opening?

What parts beyond Exhaust Gaskets do I need to pick up locally for the install?

Thanx,

I always had good luck reaching Mark around 11:00 am, eastern.
Yeah, call him back.
Turn downs are an option, or were when I got mine....think it was $75 for the pair.

dannymax: Mark answered the first E-Mail to tell me he had some left. I told him I want to order but had a couple questions. I'm hoping my name went on the short list until I can talk with him. I'll buy, even if I don't have a lot of choice in what he sends. I'll file to fit if I have to.:biglaugh:

Thanx for a time to call. Guess I'll try in the morning. Going to bed soon here.

When I bought mine, they came with 2" outlets and open endcaps. I have since purchased endcaps with turndowns, that seem to make it a little quieter sitting on the bike. Exhaust gaskets should be all you need for parts. I had a hard time tightening the rear header bolts, ended up cutting down an allen and using a boxend on that!

Jeff

When I bought mine, they came with 2" outlets and open endcaps. I have since purchased endcaps with turndowns, that seem to make it a little quieter sitting on the bike. Exhaust gaskets should be all you need for parts. I had a hard time tightening the rear header bolts, ended up cutting down an allen and using a boxend on that!

Jeff

Same thing I did, with a Gearwrench ratcheting box end....worked fine. Couldn't get a torque wrench in there....just have to live with that, I guess.

Going to weld some boxends together to reach those bolts and still be able to use a torque wrench

Back