Media bullshit about gun control,and truth

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a question that i have about Sandy Hook. Supposedly the coroner on scene stated initially that the gun shots appeared to be from rifles (and went on to state that he had been a coroner for X number of years, and knows what he is talking about). I also heard that when the shooter was taken into custody, the AR-15 (or multiples...I dont know) were actually locked in a trunk of a car...has anyone else heard this? So....if that is true...is this propaganda to go after "assualt weapons"?

Eric

From CNN

Lanza was found dead next to three guns, a semi-automatic .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle and two pistols made by Glock and Sig Sauer, a law enforcement source told CNN. All belonged to his mother.
Carver, who performed autopsies on seven of the victims, said the wounds he knew about were caused by a "long weapon." Asked by a reporter whether the rifle was the primary weapon, he responded, "Yes."

They found another long gun.....I think it was a shotgun, in his car.

Allowing guns in National Parks. Prior to 2010 they had to be stored and locked.

Not saying Obama was responsible for the change in the law, but he was in office and did sign it into law. He has not pushed for any gun control at all until the recent mass shootings.
I for one would like to thank the president for granting us common serfs the right to practice a right gauranteed to us since the beginning of this nation in NATIONAL PARKS (owned be each and every one of us). We are lucky to be given so much by one man.

Being able to protect ourselves and our loved ones is way too much to reasonably ask for.

Thanks for the clarification on that. I guess there needs to be some conversations regarding if having full military grade infantry class weapons does more harm than good. Being realistic, I do worry more about them falling into irresponsible hands than the need for a militia to step up to things needing done. Maybe some kind of training should be required for making the full range legal to own? I just can't get right with the idea that an assault weapon's only requirement to own is passing a background check and having the money to buy it. Seems there is just too much room for irresponsible usage and accidental harm as a result.

Zack,
You really don't understand the definition of an "assault weapon" do you? "Full military grade infantry class weapons"??
Do you understand that real "assualt weapons" are already outlawed. They are FULLY AUTOMATIC, or capable of BURST fire. None of the hardware at the local gunstore is. Automatic weapons are only legally availlable to class three dealers or liscense holders. You can't get them through the "gun show loophole".

So despite the fact that SEMIAUTOMATIC rifles are used in a tiny fraction of crime (less than 1%) you have a strong fear of them "falling into the wrong hands"? Are you less afraid of being knifed, or beated to death?

Which of the points you listed would have prevented Sandy Hook?

Any of the following could possibly have prevented, or lessened the impact of the incident.

A better background check might have found the guns being stored in a home of somebody with mental illness. Though I don't think that would have been enough to actually prevent mom from owning any guns, and if something were to be written to that effect I doubt it would get passed.

Storage requiring a thumbprint, etc. might have been enough to prevent access. I still haven't heard anything on how they were stored in the first place.

Counselling being made more available might have been able get the shooter help before snapping.

Better training and staffing of those in schools might have prevented or lessened the impact.

An emergency response to a shooter might have prevented or lessened the impact.

etc. etc. etc.

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effectiveuse of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Where you see might have, there is also a might have not. None of the above seem like a bad idea or the wrong direction to me though. What do you feel should be getting been done to prevent this? Before you go off creating wild scenarios about how none of this makes any difference, I agree. It's possible none of it would help, but it's something, and it's a lot of something that tries to help solve the problem without changing anything about gun rights. What would be better?

Better background checks for reliable data = better reporting and an ATF with a head on it = better enforcement of existing laws.

As I said, maybe, maybe not. I don't see anything dumb about any of these though. What would you suggest be done/done differently?

Does the ATF have the legal authority to do random inspections like that? Looking at their YouTube channel... it appears as though they don't have much authority at all.

Tell that to the people (more children than Sandy Hook) that they burned alive at Waco.... Sure I don't mind the government knowing more about me than they already do....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

And yes they have that authority, you submit to it when you have class 3 NFA weapons.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

A post earlier brought up the question of prozac and SSRI's use in children and untword side effects. Here is an article that i found in the guardian...

Enter liquid Prozac in peppermint flavour. In the US, a survey of drug companies found that between 1995 and 1999, use of Prozac-like drugs for children aged seven to 12 increased by 151 per cent, and in those aged under six by 580 per cent. In 2004, children aged five and under were America's fastest-growing segment of the non-adult population using antidepressants. 'Selective mutism' (fear of speaking in social situations) is one affliction common in preschoolers and has been treated with Prozac.
In the UK, too, the trend has been upwards. Between 1992 and 2001, prescriptions of SSRIs for under-18s increased tenfold - despite the fact that none has a licence for use in children. In 2003, the NHS warned against all SSRIs in under-18s except Prozac, after studies showed they rarely performed better than a placebo, and came with disturbing side-effects.
In America, the SSRIs, including Prozac, now carry a 'black box' warning that the drugs could increase suicidal behaviour in children. It's thought that prescriptions are falling in both countries as a result.

So why is the media ignoring the direct corrolation with suicidal behaviour and Gun Violence? The statistics from the NHS was a 30% untword (bad) side effect based on Eli Lilly's OWN research.

Last edited:
Does the ATF have the legal authority to do random inspections like that? Looking at their YouTube channel... it appears as though they don't have much authority at all. Everything is disclaimered with statements like 'now you're not legally required to do this, but we recommend you do it.'

Please don't sell to people who are actively drunk when purchasing the weapon

Please conduct an inventory of your firearms store at least once a year

Please don't let people change their answer of the 'are you a convicted felon' question

:rofl_200:

I just listed everything the White House is doing. There's nothing there for disarmament. So... you can save yourself some time and just consider your petition signed, and granted. Nice work, that was an extremely fast and effective petition.

As to things the White House has proposed to congress, it's up to them now to see what gets done (if anything). Petition your congressmen if you want to do something about it that has a chance at changing anything.

If your a regular citizen no they do not. All probable cause and search and seizure laws apply.
If you're a Class III Licensee (Covers NFA items like machine guns, silencers, shirt barrel led rifles etc) then they can do an inspection at any time
My brother is a Class III Holder with quite a few full autos and I've talked to him about this and he verified it.

If you're a gun dealer they can pretty much do whatever.
The ATF has been sued 100's of times for failing to destroy 4473's as the law requires. Background check legislation is written specifically to destroy those forms so it doesn't become an an instrument for future registration. The law was also written so that specific firearms info wasn't required on the form but the ATF built the form how ever the ruck they wanted so its on there. A good example of how administrative function can screw up lives just as much as bad law making.

Here's a small part of his collection.
uramu2u7.jpg

If your a regular citizen no they do not. All probable cause and search and seizure laws apply.
If you're a Class III Licensee (Covers NFA items like machine guns, silencers, shirt barrel led rifles etc) then they can do an inspection at any time
My brother is a Class III Holder with quite a few full autos and I've talked to him about this and he verified it.

If you're a gun dealer they can pretty much do whatever.
The ATF has been sued 100's of times for failing to destroy 4473's as the law requires. Background check legislation is written specifically to destroy those forms so it doesn't become an an instrument for future registration. The law was also written so that specific firearms info wasn't required on the form but the ATF built the form how ever the ruck they wanted so its on there. A good example of how administrative function can screw up lives just as much as bad law making.

Here's a small part of his collection.
uramu2u7.jpg

Nice!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Man, it's getting pretty confusing! Did Lanza's mother work at the school or not....they said at one point that nobody by her name was ever employed at the school, unless she was a substitute. :ummm::ummm::ummm:

Back