miss when cold

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rboone

Reaction score
My Vmax is new to me so I dont know what they act like when cold. Is it normal to miss fire when cold (less than 60 deg outside)? When the engine is cold it seems to miss on random cylinders. I have not done much to my 85 vmax other than a carb cleaning. If one drives only a block or so it seems fine. The miss only seems to be there during idle as soon as the engine gets abouve 1500 rpms seems fine. Does anyone have any ideas if this is normal or what the problem could be.

Mine "sneezes" and whatnot a little bit until it warms up. From other posts I've read in the past year I think it's a normal characteristic of a VMAX. If it ran perfect when it was cold, it would then be too rich when it warmed up.

It may vary from bike to bike, but mine will turn over (with full choke of course) at 35 degrees f without missing once.

if i ride mine too soon before it warms up when its colder out (30 - 45) degrees it will click a bit if i try to rev it too fast/too high...

is that what you mean? all weird things like that go away if i give it a chance to warm up.

When it's cool and I start mine, it only runs fine on choke. It'll sneeze and splutter if I take the choke off completely too early, but as soon as it's warmed up it's all fine.

So it's totally normal, don't worry about it, just use a little choke when cold.

When it's cool and I start mine, it only runs fine on choke. It'll sneeze and splutter if I take the choke off completely too early, but as soon as it's warmed up it's all fine.

So it's totally normal, don't worry about it, just use a little choke when cold.
LOL, what do you consider cold down there in sunny Florida? I could just imagine all the shuffleboard games that would be cancelled in Florida if it hit 40 degrees! :rofl_200:
Sorry G, just had to get some satifaction out of the freezing azz temps here still.....snow still on the ground in many places....icebergs still in the lakes :damn angry:

The respones to my question was great! I have synced the carbs after the rebuild. I think since it is such a short duration of time that it misses I am going to choose to ignore.. Again thanks for the respone.

LOL, what do you consider cold down there in sunny Florida? I could just imagine all the shuffleboard games that would be cancelled in Florida if it hit 40 degrees! :rofl_200:
Sorry G, just had to get some satifaction out of the freezing azz temps here still.....snow still on the ground in many places....icebergs still in the lakes :damn angry:

haha no prob Brian, but eh, we went down to 34 degrees back in January, that was almost FREEZING!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Back