morley seat vs corbin seat?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidwin

Reaction score
I found a used corbin seat for $250 and I talked to sean and he said about $250 to get his set setup.

I'm torn in doing so. Would you guys go morley vs corbin? I know sean redoes some corbin seats.

Corbin said the seat lowers you. Only down side i can see is the seat losing the cool middle flip gas tank section I guess i could always send it to sean to redo later on.

Thanks,
Sid

everyone has an opinion but I think the max seat makes the bike. And for the Morley Muscle seat thats like iceing on the cake :) I just got mine from Sean and it looks awesome and they definetly do quality work!!

The corbin may "measure" lower but it will feel 6 inches higher! The biggest problem is the wide thigh area. It's got nice wide seating surface but to really feel right it needs narrowed up a lot!

Sean

my corbin is hard as a rock. feels good on the ass till you hit a bump, goes straight to my back. its big and not sporty, dont let you shift your weight.

+1 Morley

I've used both.

Morley:
Pro - great CS, seat is cut right, he can make it exactly how you want it, gas is still easy to fill up, can make the pillon comfy
con - still limited by OE pan size somewhat

Corbin
Pro - wider pan, more spot for your ass to sit, better for huge touring rides..
cons -> typically expensive, gas is a pain, it lowers you - probably the same as morley but since its such wider, its actually harder to put your feet on the ground; pillon has passenger slide into you a lot

If i could do it all over again i'd stick with morleys. If i was doing mostly touring (1k mi plus trips) I may reconsider that or have morley re-work a corbin.

I like Seans seat, it just keeps the VMAX look and helps a lot on the comfort. IMO the corbin seat takes away from the VMAX "LOOK"

Have you seen one of Sean's seats? they really make the Max look better than the stock seat.

Here is the one he did for me,

seat.jpg

Last edited:
everyone has an opinion but I think the max seat makes the bike. And for the Morley Muscle seat thats like iceing on the cake :) I just got mine from Sean and it looks awesome and they definetly do quality work!!

Agreed! Excellent workmanship, fit and finish. Perfectly suited to the look of the Max and way more comfortable than the stock saddle. Sean did an incredible job on mine. In my opinion it is the best looking seat you could put on the bike.

Its your money and your ass but hand down Morley all the way i would never buy a used corbin due to it been molded to fit someone else's ass.

Do you want a horse saddle on your bike or a motorcycle seat?

I truly believe that the Corbin looks like a horse saddle... It may be comfy for some but IMO it's too hard and I feel too far back and like I am sliding back.

Get a mid cut Morley seat... You'll be happy you did.

Chris

Agreed! Excellent workmanship, fit and finish. Perfectly suited to the look of the Max and way more comfortable than the stock saddle. Sean did an incredible job on mine. In my opinion it is the best looking seat you could put on the bike.

And just think of the abuse this seat takes!! Not every landing will be "Cottonelle soft".......:rofl_200:

I have a Morley mid-cut, and one of the worst backs on the planet! The Morley works very well...very little 'monkey butt'!

Plus, I just can't get with the Corbin look, they take too much away from the max, imo!

I got a corbin on one of my max and the thing i noticed over the stock seat was it is slippery and since its wider not as good for carving in the turns, you come out or off the seat more so thats a pain for sure. gonna have to get a morley mod on it or the stock one soon.

I like the shape of the Morley ones. It looks far better and really fit the bike.
I didn't try both, but feedbacks are all the same : Morley +1.
So far the issue for me is I cannot send mine (long and expensive) so it might cost me too much for now. But later .... :)

Mine came with a Corbin, I wouldn't pay $250, I doubt i would pay $50 for it. Going to get one of Sean's when cash allows

I've shipped them all over! but shipping to you would suck for ship cost!

Sean

Maybe it's just me but after riding with my stock seat and then getting off and not feeling my balls for about a hour made me get Sean to do my seat and I'll tell you what, If I had to go and collect cans I would do whatever I could to be able to get the seat done by Sean. The first time you ride your VMAX after having him do your seat you will regret waiting so long. I know money is tight now a days but it is worth every penny.

I'm gonna have to +1 for morleys seat. I haven't sat on a Corbin, but morleys seat looks awesome and made the bike feel right. I love it, one of my fave mods.

I'm going against the grain..and i did buy a used Corbin..but I had it custom modified to my (ass) specs. The seat was pretty old so the foam was not hard at all. Did a straight 12-13 hour ride with no comfort problems. I did try the Sportmax seat and it still did not solve the comfort problems after about an hour on it. Don't know if Sean's is similar...I will say that you've got to adjust your bars and footpegs positions to get maximum comfort for your particular riding position/seat.

I'm going against the grain..and i did buy a used Corbin..but I had it custom modified to my (ass) specs. The seat was pretty old so the foam was not hard at all. Did a straight 12-13 hour ride with no comfort problems. I did try the Sportmax seat and it still did not solve the comfort problems after about an hour on it. Don't know if Sean's is similar...I will say that you've got to adjust your bars and footpegs positions to get maximum comfort for your particular riding position/seat.

I've seen your seat and IMO it's much like what Sean does with the Corbins he re-works. IMO that's the only way to have a Corbin...

Chris

Latest posts

Back