Mounting a 200/50R18 rear tire on a Gen1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I guess the washer swap is no big deal assuming it fits. I just don't want to go through the nightmare I had attempting to get the 200 to fit!

Well, I guess the washer swap is no big deal assuming it fits. I just don't want to go through the nightmare I had attempting to get the 200 to fit!

thats exactly where i'd be.

I use to have a 180 Metzler on my carr wheel, fit with no problem with stock swingarm, and now I have a 200 avon but the swingarm is 3" extended and notch, but the 180 metzler look pretty good compare to the 200 I got on now.

John at Sportmax is trying his best to help me with this. He even offered to make the 200 fit if I wanted. He's a stand-up guy, that's for certain. I do not hesitate for a moment to recommend him to anyone seeking parts and / or assistance. I just don't know if I want to run a tire with such close tolerances now that I have seen how very close it would be.

Kudos and thanks to you, John. I'll be in touch to let you know how I decide to proceed.

Well John hooked me up today. I went with a Pirelli 170 and he mounted it for me. We installed balance beads and then ran it on the tire balancer. 1st run it showed .75 oz out of balance. 2nd run .50 ounce out of balance. 3rd run .25 ounces out of balance. 4th run, you guessed it - 0.00 ounces out of balance.

I guess it takes a bit to distribute the beads at first.

John also hooked me up and set the idle mixture and synched my carbs!

Thank you John, you're the man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest posts

Back