Murdered my 85- give your honest opinions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a fan of ALL black but I think you did a good job with it. I like the light setup.

I think the buckets on the lights should match and it would look more finished if you could have kept the trim piece under the lights that attaches to the forks. If you can't can't use the OEM piece, maybe you could make something?
CAM00511.jpg

The rear tail light on the grab bar looks kinda cheap. If you're not looking to spend too much money on the bike and not by some LED strips for that location, I would think painting the white backing on the light would make it look a little better.

As far at the license plate goes, maybe you could make some simple brackets to attach it to the rear fender? With the metal innner fender removed, you can see two spots to attach to under there. I make some aluminum brackets to hold my plate. Similar to this setup. Pictures courtesey of Gary Spradley http://cruton.bmg.uab.edu/Page_9.htm
DSC01433.JPG

DSC01429.JPG

DSC01305.JPG

All in all, it looks pretty good in the pics. You plan to keep it our flip it?

yeah the stock mc cover wont fit with the lower light. I toyed w a couple ideas but nothing I liked enough to put work into. I will probably end up just adding a small sheet of aluminum and a carbon fiber sticker cuz I'm cheap like that lol
I thought about picking up another speedo bucket on ebay but I'm not sold on the setup just yet and it takes a bit of thinking before Im willung to spend money.

I agree with you about the tail light lookng cheap and have already painted the base.

I tend to let projects linger right up until Im about to take the bike somewhere and have to put stuff back together rather quickly.

The holes you mounted your plate brackets too are broken on mine :/ Ill figure something out soon hopefully. I toyed with the idea of a side mount but I dont like the look of it w the available mounting points and I require more thought to drill holes than I do to spend money lol

These bikes are incredible pieces of machinery and have a cult following. Thank you for your input!

When I read your first post, I thought this is gonna look like a homicide, or its gonna look great. I gotta say it looks pretty damn good for doing it on a small budget. I agree preparation is the key no matter how you deliver the paint. The head light treatment looks surprisingly cool, I dig the blue lenses. You can get a side mount for your plate from "cycle one off.com". Over all I think it has a very nice updated look for not much cash. Damn good job man. Now ride it like you stole it, an live to tell the tale!!!!

Just wanted to say that I like the stealth look. Bike looks awesome, like a Black Panther roaming thru the night looking for the next victim....lol.

Eric

Every time I see a blacked-out engine, I am one step closer to painting mine while it's out this winter.

Just

So

Mean

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Traumahawk- best. comment. ever.

My girlfriend says you may be her soulmate.

I may have to kill you.

That is all.

Do you realize the Dupicolor is NOT fuel proof? spill some gas on it and it goes away. I would recommend you get a can of Spraymax 2K clear (they have a matt clear coat) 2K is a 2 part epoxy like paint in a shake can and it is not only fuel proof but highly resistent to chipping.

Now what you need to find is someone with '97 mufflers (black)

If it were me... The only change would be to get a set of polished SS engine bolts and make both the lights black or both chrome.

Great work. I wish I had a heated garage and a few more tools!

I haven't made any comments until today. I like the look of your theme. The engine looks like the newer Vmax. Great look!

thanks everyone! and happy new year! if youre taking your bikes out ride safe!

Latest posts

Back