Muscle Engines

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
Figured I'd start a thread.

Here's an older pic of a 1500 that went to Georgia (Mike).

Sean

Attachments

• MikeHEngine.aspx.jpg
    MikeHEngine.aspx.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 380
Here's the 1300 we are building for LLoyd in Louisiana.

This is fresh from the paint removal. Should have paint on it by Monday. The covers are just temp covers.

Sean

Attachments

• Engine_Stripped.jpg
    Engine_Stripped.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 279
Sean
I will get a pic of the 1300 you did for me and list all the details on it.
Cheers

Nice pics , there was a 85 over here for sale bout 6 months ago , the bike had been bored out to a 1500cc , bike looked very rough .
It looked like shit but went like fuck :punk:

yep thats my mill.runs like a raped ape and makes gobs of torque in the midrange.sean hooked me up.id post a pic of it in the bike and install but i havent figured out how to attach them yet.thanks sean

CoreEngine
R&R Labor Overhaul
Cylinder Hone Labor
Ross Racing Pistons 12:1
Transmission Undercut
Overdrive Option Labor Highly recommend this!!!
Fifth Gear Set - OD - new Royal Star Gears
New 2-3 main gear - included in core charge to upgrade trans
Additional Clutch Spring for "DD" mod
Clutch Plates (Fibers)
Vmax Heads - Low Mile
Vmax Cam Set - Low Mile
Recon Rods with Bronze Bushings
Gaskets - Seals - Bearings ? Misc
HD overdrive Oil System
Bead Blast - Engine Paint - Matte Black
Solid Engine Mounts
ARP head stud kit

Clutch Cover Black Chrome
Clutch Insert Reg Chrome
Middle Gear Cover Black Chrome
Oil Fill Cap - Jet Kit Reg Chrome
Pump, Gear Inserts Reg Chrome
Stator Cover + Insp Plug Black Chrome
Stator Insert Reg Chrome
Valve Covers Black Chrome
Waterpump Cover Black Chrome
Carb Covers Reg Chrome
Cylinder Head Cover Plate Reg Chrome

Sorry forgot to post the pics

Attachments

• IMAGE_003.jpg
    IMAGE_003.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 303
  • IMAGE_005.jpg
    IMAGE_005.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 266
WOW that loox sweet!

Yeah, I really like the black chrome with the chrome inserts. One draw back to the black chrome. It scratches very easily. If I had to do it all again I would not black chrome the parts on the engine. It is a pain in the butt to keep it looking nice. But I dont mind :biglaugh:

Oh yeah and you can't forget the 130 hp, 82 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheel.

whoops the first bike is my other max-destined to ba a test mule for a microsquirt efi and a small turbo.....the chromed out one is my daily driver.

thatll happen soon enough.probably go with some gixxer wheels converted to accept the max center.and do a usd at the same time.right now im in the middle of a complete bike teardown to brace and repaint or powder coat the frame.id like a set of carozerias but need the dough right now for tuition.later mike

Mike, we are very close to having the first USD conversion parts ready to go. Already did a prelim test and they seemed to fit well. We should have a bit more of a final part (not finished though) ready this weekend.

It will be waaaaayyyyyy cheaper then most other conversions. We are setting it up for an R1 front end.

Sean

im thinking about having jon at pcw drop my neck an inch or two to fascilitate this mod-im to understand that you can use the r-1 triples and the max stem right?except for the upper that is.then i can run a fzr -1000 front wheel and a gixxer rear.does this sound right?

Sean,

My project bike, a '91 will be ready to dismantle soon. I'd like to send the engine to you to get built up. I'm thinking a 1500cc build out and a nice flat black matte finish on should be nice. Would you mind PM'ing me a ballpark so I can be sure I set aside enough coin for the process? Thanks.

ojref, sean is on his honey moon. i'd call him in a couple weeks.

Here's Redbones Engine fresh from getting bead blasted. Should have paint on it today or tomorrow I would think. Ready to ship out late this week,

Sean

Attachments

• Redbone_Stripped_Engine.jpg
    Redbone_Stripped_Engine.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 146
Back