Muscle Engines

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This picture sucks but you get the idea. Wait until he gets it installed and washes off the shop dust.

Sean

Attachments

• Painted engine 1.jpg
    Painted engine 1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 158
  • Painted engine 2.jpg
    Painted engine 2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Painted engine 3.jpg
    Painted engine 3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 138
This picture sucks but you get the idea. Wait until he gets it installed and washes off the shop dust.

Sean
The motor looks great Sean! I'll get her installed and once I get Redbone done for the year apperance wise I'll get some pictures sent to you. I'll have to get it together fast as I have a 3000 trip at the end of May and want to do plenty of "testing" before hand!:punk:

What do you think if we painted the 3 silver fins on the motor in my case barnett purple, but matched to the color theme of the bike???? JIM

not sure?? Might not look right but could be painted with the engine in too.

Sean

I just received the motor and peeked inside, but since I'm at work I could only take a peek. I did open the plastic and saw the head paint work and it looks AWESOME! The garlan that was included was a nice touch too, as I'm feeling like it's christmas and opening a very awesome gift!
THANK-YOU!
I've tried to pretty up the rest of the bike to match the new looking motor so it should look like a new bike once it's all back together. Well, actually it will look better than new!:punk:

I'm still waiting for my engine to go. Damn thing just won't die!

I think your paint work on that engine is the best one I've seen Sean... You doing something different?

Chris

Wait until Brian gets some pics that aren't so white washed to really get an idea how nice it came out. Nothing much different other then left the "fins" unpainted. We beadblast the engine (with plastic media) then take it right to the body shop where they detack it and paint it within a few days or less normally. If we do any testing to a built up engine we do that prior to the bead blast / paint work so there are no greases or oils that the painter has to deal with. I could go another step further and that would be to sand the castings smooth to really get a killer finish but that's a hell of a lot a work.

Sean

Wait until Brian gets some pics that aren't so white washed to really get an idea how nice it came out. Nothing much different other then left the "fins" unpainted. We beadblast the engine (with plastic media) then take it right to the body shop where they detack it and paint it within a few days or less normally. If we do any testing to a built up engine we do that prior to the bead blast / paint work so there are no greases or oils that the painter has to deal with. I could go another step further and that would be to sand the castings smooth to really get a killer finish but that's a hell of a lot a work.

Sean

Yeah well it looks MUCH shinier and I DO like the fins being silver. IMO it breaks up the lump of motor it is.

I would clear over them though.

Chris

It's shinier then the pics even show it to be. Think about how shiny your body paint is - that's how shiny this is. The fins do look better bare (we can also paint but the bare lets you be able to polish it up and get a really nice look). Always hard to decide what to do on the center of the engine covers but chrome and maybe eventual clear covers would help break that up even more.

On this engine we did a complete trans upgrade with overdrive and full undercut. New shift forks, shafts, drum. All new seals/gaskets. Adjusted his valves. Installed the HD oiling system too.

The next one just dropped off at the body shop and will be getting pics of it shortly. It's a 1300 with no bottom end work (low mileage engine). Good heads/cams (also low mileage), ARP studs, HD oiling, new gaskets/seals, ect....

Will be putting it into the 2-face bike soon and trying to decide what I want to do with it next. That engine will be available for sale (and may sell the whole bike) once we get farther along on the next project (I think we are going to go ahead and stick a bigger engine together with one of our chain drives and make a big tire bike). I've already got the raked frame for it. Will probably put the turbo kit that's coming in on it. If I do will probably clean up and sell the big tire vmax drag bike.

Plenty to do!
Sean

I've got to put together the tractor puller engine maybe get started on it this weekend. Got n4topspd's engine to get started on (trans is getting shipped out today!). Then a 1500 for Jim P (1967Vmax) to have done by Topeka (should be picking up the prepped block today or early next week). Then getting a 1327 that was blown up I think on Monday and will try to get that engine all prepped and ready!

Almost forgot - I finished fixing one that had fallen off a shipping pallet that broke about every stinking cover on it (and some other misc). It's at the paint stripper now.

Plus, getting a 1998 delivered to the house I am going to clean up and maybe resell to a local guy and try and fix the guys bike that is delivering that one for me.

Of course still try and keep up with everyone elses stuff lol. Don't anyone else blow one up for a little bit.

Mark may want to trade in his before it blows up! Need to build him one and just send it to him! I think I am going to have to do that for Kevin too so he'll actually quit beating on his.

Sean

I've got to put together the tractor puller engine maybe get started on it this weekend. Got n4topspd's engine to get started on (trans is getting shipped out today!). Then a 1500 for Jim P (1967Vmax) to have done by Topeka (should be picking up the prepped block today or early next week). Then getting a 1327 that was blown up I think on Monday and will try to get that engine all prepped and ready!

Almost forgot - I finished fixing one that had fallen off a shipping pallet that broke about every stinking cover on it (and some other misc). It's at the paint stripper now.

Plus, getting a 1998 delivered to the house I am going to clean up and maybe resell to a local guy and try and fix the guys bike that is delivering that one for me.

Of course still try and keep up with everyone elses stuff lol. Don't anyone else blow one up for a little bit.

Mark may want to trade in his before it blows up! Need to build him one and just send it to him! I think I am going to have to do that for Kevin too so he'll actually quit beating on his.

Sean

Kevin beats on his? I noticed the last couple of years his bike has gone down in dyno horsepower. If I remember right he said "Maybe I should take it apart".

I already have the wish list. :)

Latest posts

Back