Muscle Paint Thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
Figured I may as well start a thread with some of our paint schemes. Check out this latest one. I've included a before, during and almost after set. Still a lot to do before we are done.

Sean

Attachments

• Green Paint.jpg
    Green Paint.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 11-04-07_1648.jpg
    11-04-07_1648.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Blue Small.jpg
    Blue Small.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 184
Looks cool... I need to figure out a paint job that shows off the louvers in my tank cover.

I'm wanting a Lambo orange/Black combo I think

Frank

Don't recall the brand but it seems to work well. It's a nearly exact match to the flat paint on the newer vmax frames, engines and other parts.

There is a lot of it going on this bike. Look for a copper bike soon with lots of satin and black chrome!

Sean Morley

It's my honda CB1100f drag bike.

Some kind of mopar green.

I like it!, Back in the late 80's hot rod or a similar rag had a picture of a rodded truck I think is was a '68 c10 GMC that was painted to match Cheeze whiz. my old roomate Rob wants to paint that color somthing fierce.

My bikes have always been Black, Blue, or Red.

What kind of times are you getting out of that CB?

image.php
How about Safety Reflective Silver ?

Figured I may as well start a thread with some of our paint schemes. Check out this latest one. I've included a before, during and almost after set. Still a lot to do before we are done.

Sean

Looks good,,, I really like the blacked out area design. :thumbs up:

I like it!, Back in the late 80's hot rod or a similar rag had a picture of a rodded truck I think is was a '68 c10 GMC that was painted to match Cheeze whiz. my old roomate Rob wants to paint that color somthing fierce.

My bikes have always been Black, Blue, or Red.

What kind of times are you getting out of that CB?
It's supposed to run in the high nines.I have had to sort a few problems out and haven't got any good passes on it since.Was running 11.0's . Now has new clutch,new dyna 2000,new coils and air shift kill switch.I'll find out in the spring.It wasn't geared right either.running in 4th at redline at the finish line.

sorry - pic didn't come out - need to learn how to resize to 800 by 800 ...:damn angry:

Send it to me and I will put it on for you...

cnbs2004(at)gmail(dot)com

Sean

I like the flat black and green too.

I like the muscle car look too which is why I went with the racing stripes on mine. :thumbs up: I know it kind of copies the 2003 or what ever year that was but mine IS different and not stickers plus I REALLY liked the stripes when I first saw them...

I think the blue bike needs a seat Sean... :whistlin:

LOL

sorry - pic didn't come out - need to learn how to resize to 800 by 800 ...:damn angry:

Load it up to a host like Photobucket and it will be automatically resized and then you can link to the picture here.

Thanks to all for resizing help - we'll see if this works. These stripes glow from a camera flash or car headlights , but they just look bright white normally. Don't know if I'll keep it this way , but easy enough to peel off if I get tired of it.

Attachments

• 100_0577 (Medium) (2).jpg
    100_0577 (Medium) (2).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 110
Thanks to all for resizing help - we'll see if this works. These stripes glow from a camera flash or car headlights , but they just look bright white normally. Don't know if I'll keep it this way , but easy enough to peel off if I get tired of it.

LIKE IT. Good idea.

I like the reflective look! It doesn't look like you took the stripes onto the rear fender though, did you think of trying that? I would try that if I could match the stock stripes.

Hadn't thought of striping rear fender, but maybe that's a good idea. I have lots of striping around & I'm thinking of painting it on this summer. Best to experiment with the tape first - if I do it I'll post pics.

Back