My 06 VMax now has a BIG brother?..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KosRider

Reaction score
Well, the right opportunity presented itself and I now have a slightly used, stock 2010 red VMax to play with! :banana:
Here?s the short of it?. Found it at a motorcycle / snowmobile / auto re-sale business in beautiful Petoskey, Mi. They had just gotten in this VMax, a snowmobile, and a fully dressed Harley from a customer / friend of theirs 2 days earlier, who sadly is being treated for cancer and his doctor strongly recommended he part with all his fun toys. While looking over the VMax, the original owner John comes in to drop off some additional paperwork. He then comes over to talk to me about ?his? VMax. It was great. John said he owned several Gen1?s over the years, but that he really enjoyed this Gen2 VMax and was going to miss it badly. Both of his bikes looked awsome, so you know he was very meticulous with them. He told me that he waxed the VMax so much, it wouldn?t need to be waxed it for another 3 yrs !

Bike had only 1,103 miles on it and several factory accessories ? fly-screen / saddle bags / tail bag / sm sissy bar / luggage rack, already added to it; not sure all the accessories will remain on it however. ?Max2? has been taken to a Yamaha dealer near Petoskey to have the warranty (oil pump upgrade) work done before it?s delivered to me in the next week or so. Oh, forgot to say there?s a Yamaha Y.E.S. extended warranty for this bike that goes to April 2015, and it gets transferred to me too !! Cool ! So now I have a new project bike to play with & work on! And everyone knows that the red ones are the fastest?. :eusa_dance:

The wife / boss says I can keep both the 06 ?Max1? and Max2 for awhile?.which means about 6 months... unless I can convince her otherwise? yea, right. :hmmm: Most likely, will find Max1 a new home when the right opportunity / buyer comes along. Til then, going to try and enjoy both Max?s as much as I can this riding season. :biglaugh:

Attachments

• Max2 dealer1.jpg
    Max2 dealer1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Max2 dealer2.jpg
    Max2 dealer2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 76
Congrats on your new V Max and yes, the red ones are the fastest.:biglaugh:
Mike

Congrats Jeff, Nothin better then the red ones! that max is still new ,1100 miles.

Congrats Jeff!........It's sad the circumstances were such that the origional owner had to part with his baby, but by meeting you I'm sure he now knows that it will be in good loving hands and will receive the same care he had given it, the red ones are my fave color also!...............Look foreward to getting some riding in soon!...........................Tom.

Congrats Jeff! The red one's are definatly faster, a fine officer from Ontario stopped about 15 Vmax's last Spring Ice Breaker saying that the Red one was going fastest! He was so impressed that he just had to get us all together to let us know the truth!:punk:
I'm looking forward to riding along side another "fast red one" this upcoming season!:worthy:

Nice ride KOS. If weather is nice will you be riding to thunder.

Nice ride KOS. If weather is nice will you be riding to thunder.

Hadn't thought about which bike to take yet.... I trailered last time. That 8 hr ride to PA from Midland is a killer.

Now, if Brian ends up riding Redbone to Thunder, we could make it in 6 hrs I'm sure ! Right Brian ! :punk:

If i had a 2010 red gen2 and the weather was nice i would man up and ride to PA. LOL. How many can you trailer KOS. I think i can pull two. I know of two other people that could go in on gas if we could pull four. Maybe we can get chuck and brian to pull the trigger on going and we will have more vmax's for you to lead down the pa road's on that big bad red 1700 max of yours. It's faster but are you man enough to show us. LOL.

If i had a 2010 red gen2 and the weather was nice i would man up and ride to PA. LOL. How many can you trailer KOS. I think i can pull two. I know of two other people that could go in on gas if we could pull four. Maybe we can get chuck and brian to pull the trigger on going and we will have more vmax's for you to lead down the pa road's on that big bad red 1700 max of yours. It's faster but are you man enough to show us. LOL.

LMAO Mike !!! Still some things I need to do... Nash ReFlash, to get the most out of the beast before leading others !!! I think it would be GREAT if Chuck could join us at Thunder. I think Brian was still 50/50 about going this year. Any updates Brian ??

Hadn't thought about which bike to take yet.... I trailered last time. That 8 hr ride to PA from Midland is a killer.

Now, if Brian ends up riding Redbone to Thunder, we could make it in 6 hrs I'm sure ! Right Brian ! :punk:
What, 6 hours? You planning a sit down lunch?:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Back