My friends doing what they do best ;-)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torque isn't why they can't go straight. They need to adjust their suspension. Some nice looking cars and passes though I wish more of the actual times had been posted.

Sean

Torque isn't why they can't go straight. They need to adjust their suspension. Some nice looking cars and passes though I wish more of the actual times had been posted.

Sean

My friend Nate who made the video owns the blue Malibu and it runs fairly low 8's, his brother Matt (Mole LOL) has the old Pontiac and he calls it crusty and it runs mid 9's but it's a small tire car with stock suspension so traction is limited as you see it get loose in the video a few times. The Starfire runs low 9's and has been rumored to run in the high 8's but I've never seen him do it in person but it's also a 9" tire car. Pretty sure the slowest car in the video is my friend Tony with the black 94 Camaro and it runs low 10's but he drives it everywhere and you's never think it was that fast looking at it, total sleeper. Alot of these guys go to street race events so they tend to try to keep their times off the net but everyone knows anyways! LOL Just knew there were some gearheads on here that would like seeing what some of our local boys were up to :punk:

That old Chevy Nova looks beutiful, to me anyway, and brings back so many memories. Back when street and strip dragging was done with what one could afford. CHEVY 2'S were the car to mod. Lots of them to be had, parts everywhere, like our Vmax.
We'd buy them $150-$300 with a straight six 3 speed and run them dead on the street, then with a small block v8, they made some serious power. Lots of fun for not too much $. Gear heads car of choice where I grew up. A rich racing history in the area. Thanks for the clip.
Steve

That old Chevy Nova looks beutiful, to me anyway, and brings back so many memories. Back when street and strip dragging was done with what one could afford. CHEVY 2'S were the car to mod. Lots of them to be had, parts everywhere, like our Vmax.
We'd buy them $150-$300 with a straight six 3 speed and run them dead on the street, then with a small block v8, they made some serious power. Lots of fun for not too much $. Gear heads car of choice where I grew up. A rich racing history in the area. Thanks for the clip.
Steve

That's my friend Danny and it is an absolutely beautiful car, it's also a small tire car that's very unassuming but still runs mid 9's but it's actually got pretty quiet exhaust so it's a real sleeper too. I really wish I had the $$ to finish my 68 Cutlass I've been working on but the extra $$ just hasn't been there :bang head:

I had 3 Nova's of that style. One was a factory 283, 4 speed. It was an Awesome ride. Don Garnett's had a shop in Tampa
and helped me set up parts that worked together. I smoked a 440 Dodge in front of his shop once. He wouldn't talk to me after that....:ummm::confused2::rofl_200:

Added, One very old Chevy Nova Picture.

Attachments

• 1964 Nova.jpg
    1964 Nova.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
These guys need to update their website:
http://www.truestreetshootout.com/

I was one of the sponsors this year and took my Camaro to the event as well. I think the fastest street car this year went just under 8.50's (there were two of them running that time range).

There aren't any pics of vid's from this years event though! We had over 120 cars there this year. Slowest was in the 14's. Most were 11-12 second cars with many much faster.

The fastest "street car" in the world is run by a Guy name Larry Larson. He lives not all that far from us and was slated to be at the 2011 event but didn't get a chance to make it. I believe his fastest pass so far is 6.93 seconds.

http://larsonracecars.net/about-lrc/

Think I saw two Chevy Monza's....Been ages since I've seen one of those

It's the same car Rusty he just painted it, its actually an Olds Starfire belonging to my friend Frank but it looks just like a Monza. Guy I know out of NY named Bill Travato runs a Starfire of the same style with a small block Olds and has ran into the 7.70's on a 10" tire..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

The rust-bucket LeMans and the dark Malibu are my favorites. Love the way the racers fight to keep it in their lane & fail! Dangerous though. "Maybe if I lett-off and then give it more throttle I can save it!":biglaugh:

That dark Gen III Camaro is too-nice lookin' for this group!

I also like the Chevy II Novas previously mentioned. My brother had one but not hot rodded, but I recall a guy in Battle Creek MI w/the improbable name of Jimmy Angel had a Gen I Chevy II Nova w/a built 327 & a straight axle which easily beat my friend's SS396 Chevelle which was 2 y.o. @ the time.

Cheap fun compared to something newer. These guys probably have a blast. The 'chutes out back are a dead giveaway.

Latest posts

Back