My poor 86

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I just went & looked at my 86 that I sold right before Christmas. The guy took a pretty good spill on it & its a good parts bike now. I am in the process of trying to get it back from the insurance company.

You're just determined to keep your garage full Kyle....:biglaugh:

I'm off to work on my carbs, gonna resync them on the 89...

Need a front fender if you come across one on your parts bikes.

First off, Dang! I know you sold it but it is hard to think that the bike you babies for so many years and had a relationship is no more. My experience with insurance companies and buying their salvage has actually been good! Best route is for the owner to ask what the "salvage" price is. That way they deduct it right off the settlement payout which they like! Then buy it from him. Of course Kyle, I don't have to tell you it comes with "destruction only" title which some of our non Florida Maxers may not be familiar with. Selling him G's bike is killing two birds with the proverbial one stone!
Sean, I just got Kyle a fender in flat black. Did you need one in a particular color? PM me to see if I got your color or if you just need a "painter". I still have an overdue balance with you. Patmax

My 88 is the one I put all the work in the 86 that got wrecked is actually one I bought to sell. I knew it would have a cod but thats ok the frame looks a little tweaked any way. It still start up & runs good & it only has 19,000 miles on it. The owner called me because he knew I would want it back now were just waiting to see what insurance tells him. I got my fingers crossed I can get it back reasonable.

Nope, just need a couple of core fronts for maybe $50 each.

Sean

my uncle sold an 83 v65 magna to a guy who totaled it a few days later

sold my 2000 triumph s3 this spring to a guy who did the same thing.

Well the guy called me today & it looks like I will be getting it back Friday or Saturday. I just have ti figure out what to do with it & the 88 I bought. I will probably part both of them out but might wait untill the 88 gets delivered so I can see it in person & determine rather I wanna fix it.

Need help picking it up, call me... Need help storing it, Can't help...:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back