Never thought it would happen like this

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a few close calls in gas stations. Seems like everyone either parks their car at a pump then goes inside to do their week's grocery shopping, or is in such a rush they go blowing through the pumps at 30mph.

Nice thing is with bikes it doesn't matter "which side" you pull up on so I always take ones on the outside of the pavillion, that are more visible to incoming traffic.

That sucks dude, but after I laid my bike down my bike is now nicer than ever after Progressive sent me a couple plump checks. Better than before. So look at the bright side.

"real life" insurance stories are always interesting, so keep us posted.
OK Ryan,I will

Thats a bummer. It did happen to me about 20 years ago. My friend was sitting on the bike while I was paying for gas. A lady backed into it. He jumped off and wasn't hurt. I got new mufflers, clutch handle, turn signal and my tank repainted. I probably came out to the better on that deal.

18 yrs old un-fuckin'-believableMAYHEM!!! Rusty - I hope they dont total the bike - Get some pics up - Order parts - Robert and I will come down and help to install new parts.
Paul

Footnote and Pauly already spoke for me. Always Call the Fuzz to make a report and maybe check the driver for legit license/ insurance, wants, warrants, maybe citation depending on circumstances.
Don't even let the insurance company mention "totalled". Lastly, my bike was rear ended parked in a spot right F_ckin in front of the doors with a busy convenience store. Knocked bike over, they put it back on kick stand and fled. No one said shit! until I walk out and a guy describes the F 150 that took off that way. After bending some metal back, I take off looking for the SOB but you know how many 150s are out there! I actually stared one down but had no idea it was him, pulled over to call the cops. Guy must have thought I took his plate number down because he showed up while cops were there taking their report. Geico tried to screw me and took almost a year to get paid but came out ahead because everything custom I had was documented and of course I do all my own repairs. Hope you come out as well. Being claimant AND insured by same company may work in your favor but claim e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
Let us no how it turns out Rusty.

I think you showed incredible restraint. I would have been all...

funny-gifs-hulk-vs-loki.gif

I think you showed incredible restraint. I would have been all...

god i know that this would be exactly what i would be going through my head.
:damn angry::damn angry:

i'd never've thunk that getting levelled in the gas station was even imaginable.
:ummm::ummm:

glad your head wasn't in the helmet, rusty. i'm sure the insurance'll get you back on the road.

Damn Rusty. Sorry I'm so late getting into this thread. Also sorry to read what happened. Hope everything goes well with the insurance company and the fix.

That just plain sucks. Hopefully you end up with an even nicer max at the end of this, paid for by Allstate. :eusa_dance:

Mike

Last edited:
The big moment. An adjuster from Allstate will meet me at my cycle shop tomorrow where they will give him an estimate on the damage.I talked to the adjuster on the phone.He actually told me he doesn't know shit about motorcycles. I'm hope'n thats a good thing. After 10 years,Yamaha has no more carbon fiber in stock.So I'm going for the 07 look.I'll keep this thred alive long enough to let U guy's know what happend.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• damage1.jpg
    damage1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 44
  • damage2.jpg
    damage2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 43
  • damage3.jpg
    damage3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 43
  • damage4.jpg
    damage4.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 42
  • damage5.jpg
    damage5.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 44
  • damage6.jpg
    damage6.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Offer still stands Rusty - Get the cost estimate - Have them cut you the check - order parts - and Robert and I will do the labor - Charge - Beer for me and diet coke for Robert. We will supply tools - no problem!!! Pauly

Watch out they don't saddle you w/an "unworthy for road use" designation, then it's only good for parts.

A good offer from the forum guys to help you! Maybe outofoptions will donate some parts to demonstrate he's not just about the shekels, when he sees what you need, and to show he can assist after the accident,in a bid to establish some goodwill.:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Lesson learned for me. I always fuel up at this busy ass gas station up the road a ways from my house. think i'm gonna start going to the Sunoco 2 miles past it. I hope you're claim goes well. Putting myself in that position, I definitely would "want" to pull him out of the car by his eyelids.

Crap Rusty....I just saw this! I'm really sorry to hear about the damage to your bike and hope it all works out in your favor.

Kudos on your restraint....that brain dead kid owes you big for not putting the little fucker "on sticks"!! :punk:

Just back from a 3 day road trip and found this thread. Very sorry to hear this Rusty. I hope everything gets back to the way it was.
Steve

Well, the adjuster cut me a check today for $2,700 bucks. I feal like they treated me Great & I would recommend Allstate to anyone. I'm STOKED!!!:thumbs up:

Attachments

• The big Check.jpg
    The big Check.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 23
Back