New Max... 295 Hp? Info/rumor thread...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did more research and several sites in Japan said it is for the upcoming Yamaha Vmax. Towards the bottom there's a place you can click to register with your email addy. They will send you updates.

Mark

actually this funky web site is a very good sign (in my opinion as a marketing professional).

The idea here is obviously that Yamaha is attaching religious/spiritual significance to acceleration for the simple reason that this is ALL that the bike will be about. ya its all over the top hype, but the point is it shows confidence....as in they know its gonna rock so they arnt afraid to go wacko on the spiritual acceleration trip. Need 6 concept is also a way of justifying the buy decision in the mind of someone who likes it but cant shake the "knuckle dragger Neanderthal" image that drag racing detractors like to accuse us of. attaching some greater significance to the whole game just makes the justification more intellectual..and then he can face up to people or friends who dont understand why he didnt buy a harley or an R1..
its all subtle stuff and its good because that kind of pre-release build up is a strong indicator that the package works....much of that web site imagery will find its way onto tv commercials.

now the could still cock it all up...but so far so good.....there will be plenty of tire smoke videos later for sure...

...............and i will throw a rumor at ya too,....

NEED 6 is not just a reference to the philosophical needs hierarchy.....

its also the ET they got in original form when they tested the new max....

(down tuned now for sale but the "race kit" will help you achieve it....):whistlin:

actually this funky web site is a very good sign (in my opinion as a marketing professional).

The idea here is obviously that Yamaha is attaching religious/spiritual significance to acceleration for the simple reason that this is ALL that the bike will be about. ya its all over the top hype, but the point is it shows confidence....as in they know its gonna rock so they arnt afraid to go wacko on the spiritual acceleration trip. Need 6 concept is also a way of justifying the buy decision in the mind of someone who likes it but cant shake the "knuckle dragger Neanderthal" image that drag racing detractors like to accuse us of. attaching some greater significance to the whole game just makes the justification more intellectual..and then he can face up to people or friends who dont understand why he didnt buy a harley or an R1..
its all subtle stuff and its good because that kind of pre-release build up is a strong indicator that the package works....much of that web site imagery will find its way onto tv commercials.

now the could still cock it all up...but so far so good.....there will be plenty of tire smoke videos later for sure...

I agree, I liked it and it's a nice play on Maslow's theory.

It left me wanting more which I think is the whole point,

They better not piss me off tho' or I might have to get Medievial:flamethrower:

:punk:

vmax.jpg

:cheers:

Neil

Now wouldn't it just suck if they finally got that thing released in 2009 and gasoline is $5 a gallon! We really could have used the update in 1999 when gasoline was under a buck. :ummm:

As for controllability issues of a 295 hp motorcycle, Boss Hoss sells a 550 hp model that fat old men ride with little problem.

ya it sucks but my bike gas costs don't concern me......(a bike buddy asked me what my mileage was and i just laughed...who the hell cares on the toy like the vmax??!!)....... the F150 now thats another matter...
Up here in Canada it costs me 15 bucks to fill the v max and 120 to fill the truck...even with a par dollar....

I went to the dealer yesterday and inquired about ordering this next generation vmax and he said that you can't until probably at least June. He also told me that the bike would have at least 190hp but probably a little over 200. I'm getting one no matter how it handles

I went to the dealer yesterday and inquired about ordering this next generation vmax and he said that you can't until probably at least June. He also told me that the bike would have at least 190hp but probably a little over 200. I'm getting one no matter how it handles

If they come out I'll definately get one. It's just IF they come out.

if i ever did buy one it would be a few years after when sales are down and the rush over..when there marked down then add yamaha 2000 off and it will cost three thousand under msrp or more.....you have no idea how many times yamaha has 2000 off and people dont know because they dont ask and the dealer dont say a word...they slip it in with all the paper work you sign it and the 2000 is theres..dealers

I'll believe it when I see it. The dealers are too inconsistant, thier reports on it range from "it will be here in the fall of '08" to "the fall of 09" then "not going to happen as of yet."

I think there is a member who even put money down on the new Vmax cause the dealer told him it would be on the flloor in fall of '07

they put a v motor in the new max..the old max will still be king 1/4 mile or light to light..the v will not perform like the 1200..timing is not right its not coming out...economys not that great and if it cant beat the bking pricing ..it wont happen

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/vmax.html

Now this sounds just like what a friend of mine said after a dealership meeting.

Yamaha didn't say squat about the new Vmax, they were just pushing the Raider. They were talking of another big twin based on the warrior's engine.

That article is a few years old and I believe they were talking about the MT-01 that came out later - didn't sell well in North America, but did sell better in Europe

That article is a few years old and I believe they were talking about the MT-01 that came out later - didn't sell well in North America, but did sell better in Europe

I don't think so, the meeting he was at was a couple of months before I bought my max (dec 07).

according to him they were pushing the raider to compete with the victorys and such. The MT-01 has already been released as a sport cruiser.

This thing was described as a muscle cruiser using a different chassis and a beefier warrior engine.

Other then the raider and dealer things no mention of a new Vmax.

one would think that if it is going to be released in the fall as a '09, which is a mear 5 months away, they would start to push it, and dealers would be prepping for its arrival.

A V-twin would be a boulivard killer, I miss the power of my old one. it would shred the 230 on the back. and with the Baker 6-speed, I ran a pretty big pully and it still cruised nice cause I had the 6th gear.

I just hope this bike does eventually make it's way out and available to everyone!! I saw this article a while back:http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/News/Yamaha_Vmax.htm

I was a little alarmed where it says "If you think that the new Vmax will be a motorcycle for everyone, then think twice. The Vmax will be a very expensive flagship model produced in limited numbers. Still Belton said; "We'll sell 100 bikes. No problem.""

Hopefully just BS.

Correct me if im wrong, the MT-01 was never released in the states. Although you say North America, was it available in Canada?

Correct me if im wrong, the MT-01 was never released in the states. Although you say North America, was it available in Canada?

The MT-01 was sold in Canada for 2 years - 06 & 07 _ Seen one on the dealer floor and one on the street. Never talked to the guy to see how he liked it tho - It was dropped from the line up for 08.

Mike

The MT-01 was sold in Canada for 2 years - 06 & 07 _ Seen one on the dealer floor and one on the street. Never talked to the guy to see how he liked it tho - It was dropped from the line up for 08.

Mike

Tried a demo at my local dealer's, they wanted to know what a Vmax owner thought of the bike. Riding position is kind of odd in my opinion, bike is too quiet, red line is too low (of course it is a V-twin so what do I expect), but I found it sneaky fast. Really easy to turn and handles good. I would love to see I could fit the front end to a Max. Not my type of bike per se, but for a torque sports bike it is pretty good. Euros like streetfighters and such so it would be a hit there, North American riders don't care that much for that style of bike. I would love to get my hands on the new Hornet that is available only in Europe for a ride:thumbs up:

Latest posts

Back