New Max hits the 8's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny.... In search of over 200 HP

GURU 200+.jpg

I gave a hit (big hint) on in my Blog.

"I have been waiting for Jon to send me some more info to post about his bike. I have not heard from him this weekend. Trouble is, I am leaving to go on vacation. This means it will have to wait until I get back. I will say there is a lot of answers to what he did in the photos and video. Until then, would someone please locate me a M/T Drag Radial for this bike? I have heard that when you get one of those tires on the rear of the bike, it accelerates like it was shot from a cannon. When I get back, I should have everything on hand to post it."

I hate to be a tease but I am waiting for pictures and more video before I say more. I don't think Jon used NOS for the 8 second pass. The engine spools up so fast for a different reason.

Tim

P.s. Thanks for the compliment

Last edited:
You guys are missing it by a long shot! Pun intended.

Tim Nash

I did notice that you mentioned that it was "all motor" which does not mean stk motor, but it does mean no spray, turbo, supercharger, etc. I can believe those mph #'s(and ofcourse the corresponding ET) but not with just a stk motor. Quite an accomplishment getting that heavy beast to pull that kinda mph no matter the means, thats for sure. I would LOVE to see that bike perform, but the #'s need to add up as they do for any other bike. I'm sure you know that the track does not lie. Big MPH means big HP, especially so with more raceweight(bike/rider). That being said, what was the helper? Bigger motor? Modified motor? Or? Not asking for any secrets or specifics, but "its got some head work, cams, pistons, etc" will suffice. I'm assuming the "all motor" that was posted is correct...

hell, I've been a fan of the giggle gas for over a couple decades. I still remember pulling up to the lights and have people say " you can't build an engine, thats why you use the spray"

didn't bother me much, it was the majority of the ppl who lost who made the comments. But, then again. I've never hid that fact that I juiced :stir pot: thats what left me open for the flaming.

Just watched the video. Looks like he lightened the bike up a good deal. Front forks/wheel/brakes are not stk. Could'nt tell from the rest. Camera did'nt not get the bike from the side for some reason...
Would have been cool if it had not bogged so bad when launching. Could prolly have picked up at least a tenth from that alone. The sucker sure took off once well past the tree!

I have been credited with a closer association to Jon than really exsist when it comes to the tuning of his bike. Although I mince no words in declaring Jon is a good friend of mine, he held the setup of this bike close to himself. All he has assured me was the bike was not sprayed and it was all motor. I believe him. As far as internals, I will have to ask. I don't think he did simply due to the time that passed. He was busy on the front and rear of the bike. This bike was put on a serious diet. Plus, if you listen to the video again, listen to how high in 5th he is at the finish line. We all know the top speed should be around 168 with a stock tire and 178 with the tall M/T slick. He is almost on the limiter at 156. Another clue.

I know more, but I have to stop here or I will ruin the page that I have planned. Should have kepy my mouth shut.

Tim

Well, a BIG diet will help mph. Gearing however will not gain ya any. It will help ET for sure, but not your mph. If he knocked off 100lbs or more, then i can see the mph being a possibility. Works that way for anything. Wanna gain mph? Loose weight or make more hp.

SmookinZX-14 has run 8.7's all motor and pulled 155 or 156mph(IIRC) on his stk motor'd ZX-14. If the V-max weighed in around that same weight it all adds up. Simmilar rwhp, simmilar weight, Simmilar times. SmookinZX-14 did it w/o sissy sticks though:)

Glad to see the new gen V-max can loose some serious weight! Very glad!

i'd hate to think that i had a bike that cost over 20k and smoked like a two stroke... I still think it was sprayed. If Jon will lie and cheat his customers he'll lie to his friends.

I'm going to make a guess or two , three ..I shouldn't but i will anyway ..

One.. I think he has ditched the fly by wire along with the ABS system

Two ..I think some how he has lowered the gear ratio with either the rim size and or tire size or the rear end gear ratio it's self ..More likely rim size ..

Three.. It's clear the Jon has removed every Oz of weight he could find ..

Looks like he is running a M/T Drag Radial shoot out tire and as far as i know or have found out it only comes in a 17 inch .. The clue comes by way of Tim looking for a M/T Drag Radial tire ... Tim you can't find something they don't make ..lol

posting in an epic thread

+1 for we need a CLEAR definition of what we call "stock"

I'm going to make a guess or two , three ..I shouldn't but i will anyway ..

One.. I think he has ditched the fly by wire along with the ABS system

Two ..I think some how he has lowered the gear ratio with either the rim size and or tire size or the rear end gear ratio it's self ..More likely rim size ..

Three.. It's clear the Jon has removed every Oz of weight he could find ..

Looks like he is running a M/T Drag Radial shoot out tire and as far as i know or have found out it only comes in a 17 inch .. The clue comes by way of Tim looking for a M/T Drag Radial tire ... Tim you can't find something they don't make ..lol

Bingo!

I think that n20 is just fine...but I still think that when a man says "all motor" and his reps on the line that he means "all motor"..and we all know what that means..or else be prepared to totally discredit yourself and be forever shamed, which I don't think is what these guys are after...

I too would really like to know the details as well though....

"all motor" is all they claimed right:ummm:...serious question, not being a smartass....wouldn't surprise me in the least if this motor could be modified to do these numbers.....

Smokin 14 i believe you are right about the 17 rims on the bike.There is no mt street strip tire for a 18" rim.What the hell i been saying since the bike was released in first of 09.Some of the other maxer on another max chat got all upset when i mentioned putting 17s on the max acted like i was a idiot.Glad to see someone on here actually been around the drag strip.

The Gen 2 has really shcked me on the times with or without nos BUT it still has to have a ton of money to whip out the times. The ufo bike front forks(extra light) easily cost up to 2000 grand,i guess its got magnesium rims to add several thousands. wowowo very disapointing to me on the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$s it takes. Whats up with drag bars???? shit high 8 low 9s is slow with wheelie bars with todays bikes!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back