New max hp numbers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricksvmax

Reaction score
I am very intrigued by the new max. Anyone have horsepower numbers, top speed, quarter mile data, you know, the fun stuff.

Rick

Owners are reporting stock numbers in the 175 rwhp range. Some slightly modified (pipe, filter, no limiter) are close to 190 rwhp. It looks like 200 rwhp may be attainable without major modification.

The numbers don't do it justice. It has the most hp but lacks in all other areas. Mine rides like I wanted my 05 to. My 09 could use some more power and torque. Right now its streetable but I would like to make some mods that will make it out of control. Its just like the gen 1, makes you want more. If you can make it to a rally and take one for a demo ride you won't regret it.

It was an incomplete run because of the limiter kicking in but mine did 171/107 on the dino at Topeka last weekend. Definitely have to fix the limiter.

It was an incomplete run because of the limiter kicking in but mine did 171/107 on the dino at Topeka last weekend. Definitely have to fix the limiter.

Nothing wrong with those numbers! :thumbs up:

It looks like 200 rwhp may be attainable without major modification.

Here's some charts with some progression of merely bolt-on mods...net result ended up being 200+ rwhp (measured in all available scales)

hasn't been to track yet... will debut @ Sacramento 25oct2009 DragFest...

i also included some overlay "vs" charts with bike i'll be running against...

Wish me luck!

Attachments

• 2009.vmax.ynot1115.200.sae.jpg
    2009.vmax.ynot1115.200.sae.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 2009.vmax.ynot1115.200.std.jpg
    2009.vmax.ynot1115.200.std.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 2009.vmax.ynot1115vsfxstein.200.SAE.jpg
    2009.vmax.ynot1115vsfxstein.200.SAE.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 2009.vmax.ynot1115vsfxstein.200.STD.jpg
    2009.vmax.ynot1115vsfxstein.200.STD.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 47
  • starVmax.dragfest.flyer.jpg
    starVmax.dragfest.flyer.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 43
All the credit for those numbers has to go to my tuner/mentor "fxstein"....

I met him thru starvmax.com forum... he is the site inventor/moderator

He will be our host @ Dragfest 2009... and his is the other 200+rwhp bike

so, again, a great big thanks goes out to Oliver(fxstein) !!

Please feel free to RSVP & drop by if U can... should be a great time...

Attachments

• starVmax.dragfest.flyer.jpg
    starVmax.dragfest.flyer.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 15
i made 206.32 rwhp and 172.92ft lb torque with a 40 shot i'am now at a 70 shot. bike weighs 501lbs all carbon fiber ran 6.83@126mph in the 1/8 and 9.83@156 1/4
still working up towards a 100 shot little by little, and had my ecu reflashed plus many other mods!!
gary glisson
munford tn

i made 206.32 rwhp and 172.92ft lb torque with a 40 shot i'am now at a 70 shot. bike weighs 501lbs all carbon fiber ran 6.83@126mph in the 1/8 and 9.83@156 1/4
still working up towards a 100 shot little by little, and had my ecu reflashed plus many other mods!!
gary glisson
munford tn

Gary, what's up with your poor ET's and great trap speeds? Are you spinning the tire throught the 1/8th mile? What are your 60' ad 330' footer times like?
I'm running 6.30's at 114 mph and 9.80's at 138mph.

Mark

not a VHT track with a drag-slick ?? my bike @ sacramento went 9.55 / 146 mph with NO nitrous (9.49 best run/mph? can't find slip now)... but that was with a pilot that weighed only 150ish suited

my best time was only 9.86 but i'm 250ish suited & hadn't ever been to the drags before...

sounds like you're having some traction issues @ launch...

what scale are your dyno #s in? i'm guessing STD ( & uncorrected )??

i didn't know you could ever get the weight that low with CF parts on a bike starting @ 680ish wet....

i had some real bad 60 ft times were talking 1;90 and 2;05 because off the drive by wire and the stepper motors on the butterflies i have had tim nash to reflash my ecu so the butterflies will go wide open at the hit off the throttle haven't been to the track yet sense the reflash but i'am hoping for some 1;30 60 fts or better and i'am still playing with the nitrous controller too

i had some real bad 60 ft times were talking 1;90 and 2;05 because off the drive by wire and the stepper motors on the butterflies i have had tim nash to reflash my ecu so the butterflies will go wide open at the hit off the throttle haven't been to the track yet sense the reflash but i'am hoping for some 1;30 60 fts or better and i'am still playing with the nitrous controller too

mine was/is still using the untampered factory ECU... try a big air kit & lose the

catalytic converter...

no power commander either? or is that all taken care of with guru's re-flash ??

mine was/is still using the untampered factory ECU... try a big air kit & lose the

catalytic converter...

no power commander either? or is that all taken care of with guru's re-flash ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker

Nothing wrong with those numbers!

Hahaha. Just happened to see this. I got my limiter unlimiter in since my last post on this. At Morley's dino run this year I got 171/ 110. Up 3 in torque. Absolutely no gain in horse, with or w/o the air restrictor. It will run up to 168 mph now.

Back