new V-Max fuel tank - is it a joke?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have gotten low-mid 30's consistently from mostly urban use over 20k+ mi, but maybe that's just me. Stock 1992.

Captain Bob has a 1.7 gallon aux tank that sits on the factory luggage rack & can install & remove in a few minutes. I believe he is getting 200 bucks for them.

I just put my name in for one of these from Capt. Bob; the peace of mind of another 50 miles with the aux. tank is worth it IMO. The short range is the only universal complaint with the gen2 (aside from the $20K MSRP, of course) and I'm surprised that Yamaha hasn't come out with their own at this point. Maybe it's a liability issue in case of an accident.

Scott

Exactrep has 21 litre tank for only 2300?...no comments LOL

I resigned from my fiberglass 1gen tank even if it was very light weight (1kg) and could store 24 liters - problems with fitting(mold, my poor skills).

Now im CAD drawning an alu sheet tank (ask me after a half year if its done LOL).

What might be cool would be aux tanks to take the place of the side covers over the tank and bolt into the drain or similar.

Hi Guys & Gals,
Have made enquies to a german company that makes a 24.5 ltr tank for 1638 euro ,1353 pounds . This is the cheapest replacement for stock tank I have found so far. Details below.

mit freundlichen Gr?ssen
Schwabenmax
Andrea L?tkemeier
Eschenbacherstrasse 26
73108 Gammelshausen
TEL: (0049) 07164 9151633
Fax: (0049) 07164 9151646
Mail: [email protected]
Web: www.schwabenmax.de

Hi Guys & Gals,
Have made enquies to a german company that makes a 24.5 ltr tank for 1638 euro ,1353 pounds . This is the cheapest replacement for stock tank I have found so far. Details below.

mit freundlichen Gr?ssen
Schwabenmax
Andrea L?tkemeier
Eschenbacherstrasse 26
73108 Gammelshausen
TEL: (0049) 07164 9151633
Fax: (0049) 07164 9151646
Mail: [email protected]
Web: www.schwabenmax.de

Good find but they cannot sell to the US and Canada. :bang head:

300 miles on my 2010 I checked my mpg's saterday after 100 mile ride......................................33.9:clapping:not hammering it but not babying it either. around town ................not so good:bang head:.

i average 25 mpg on my gen 2....

Yup, me too. Have very high doubt factor on some MPG reported. My stock '03 has always gotten 27-28 or so. The only way I can see getting 50MPG from either is if they are being towed on a trailer!

Yup, me too. Have very high doubt factor on some MPG reported. My stock '03 has always gotten 27-28 or so. The only way I can see getting 50MPG from either is if they are being towed on a trailer!

i've gotten 43 with vboost always on so i'd say 50 is doable if you're just cruising at a butter zone of like 55 mph.

Had may 2010 Gen2 since April... still with the stock CAT / exhaust. It's got 3500 + miles on her now ( purchased it with 1400 miles on it). Added a speedo healer to make the speedo reading true to a GPS at 70 mph. With "spirited" riding, I constintly get 28 - 30 mpg. Was cruising once at 68 - 70 mph for close to 2 hrs and got a best 34 mpg. About what I was getting with my 2006 Gen1 ! :clapping:

My reflased GenII 2010 gets about 31 on the highway at 75 (GPS corrected)
But as soon as I start beating on her the mileage goes way down.....

Latest posts

Back