Nice Max - nice shop too

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice lookin' bike. He'd probably gain 10 horsepower if he lowered his main jet size. 183.5 is WAY too big.

He was say'n he hopes to get 300 total rwhp out of it with that Whipple Supercharger....is that allot of shit ya think ? I can't see it. But honestly I wouldn't know. He's got 161hp now. That would be like a 140hp gain.

Not sure why it is not opening for ya there Buster. It must be something to do with your settings, what is the error that your getting.

Last edited:
Robbarrie said:
He was say'n he hopes to get 300 total rwhp out of it with that Whipple Supercharger....is that allot of shit ya think ? I can't see it. But honestly I wouldn't know. He's got 161hp now. That would be like a 140hp gain.

Not sure why it is not opening for ya there Buster. It must be something to do with your settings, what is the error that your getting.

Technically one BAR or Atmosphere of pressure will create a 100% increase in horsepower. This usually equates to 14.7psi of boost depending on current barometric pressure.

The actual gains tend to be somewhat less due to inefficiencies in energy transfer and parasitic losses.

The real key is having a motor strong enough to take it and having a fuel management and ignition management system to deal with that much boost.

An example is 8.5 psi on my wifes 350z (we put a ATI Procharger Centrifugal S/C on it.) produced a solid 55% gain at the rear wheels, bringing it to 355rwhp...

If you put enough boost on something it's unbelievable what kind of gains can be had. If you are familiar with the discontinued Toyota Supra that had a twin turbo 3 litre straight 6 motor? I've seen these at various Dyno days put down well over 1100 rwhp and be driven home.

Here's one example

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/3/wm/f040bfea-7424-4759-a330-02ea290ad375.htm

They convert them to one big huge turbo and push something upwards of 40psi boost and throw nitrous on top of that. This is a completely built motor of course.

No idea what it would take to build a Max motor that strong other than a whole lot more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ than I have.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back