Oh hai

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
Long time no see, fruits.

I'm back in the wind, although I had to join the dork side to do it, finally picked up a bike that would accommodate my busted ass hip.

Any rate, I thought I'd swing by and list my old shocks, say howdy to you goons, etc. Hope everybody's still vertical.

Hey bud. Glad to hear your back in the sadle, what's the new ride?

Hey bud. Glad to hear your back in the sadle, what's the new ride?

Ugh. I'm ashamed to admit it but it's a harley

But I don't own a trailer or anything, and I don't think I'm having a mid life crisis so, it's not that bad.

Ugh. I'm ashamed to admit it but it's a harley

But I don't own a trailer or anything, and I don't think I'm having a mid life crisis so, it's not that bad.

Damn Bob, I thought you said A Harley,, I won't tell anyone,Besides if it makes you happy, it cant be that bad!

It's sad but true.
429620_499578806744254_1155329917_n.jpg

as long as it " fits" you and your hip.looks comfy

It is that. It's like watching a motorcycle video from a lawn chair.

A 65hp lawn chair with soft brakes and a chronic oil habit, anyway. We need a tractor smiley....

Good to have you drop by and say hello! Your in the wind and that is most important, glad you found a comfortable way to do it!

I'm still killin' bugs with my old beater, it gets down the road alright.
IMG_1778.jpg
:biglaugh:

That looks like the original 1990 Fat Boy. Really clean for that old... Harley bashing is a pastime for all riders but I actually like some of them. Not a fan of most of the dealers though. I am a Life HOG member but got tired of the attitudes of the weekend Hells Angels and dealers and sold my HD in 1998. Haven't been to a HD event since.

That looks like the original 1990 Fat Boy. Really clean for that old... Harley bashing is a pastime for all riders but I actually like some of them. Not a fan of most of the dealers though. I am a Life HOG member but got tired of the attitudes of the weekend Hells Angels and dealers and sold my HD in 1998. Haven't been to a HD event since.

Good eye. All original first year. 55k miles.

Looks comfy and well taken care of for a 1990! How the heck did m-cman know it was a 1990!? Welcome back, BTW!

Looks comfy and well taken care of for a 1990! How the heck did m-cman know it was a 1990!? Welcome back, BTW!

By the paint. It's a one year scheme.

I was actually quite fortunate, I know all three previous owners, and I got her for a song.

According to my friends, I am a storehouse of useless motorcycle information.. :biglaugh:

Comes from riding for 55 years...

55 years and you still horse around a vmax? I'm jealous :(

I had a co-worker who kept riding VMaxes into his 70's. After a bad accident, not his fault, he gave-up riding. He's a gyrene, and collects/sells firearms as a hobby. His reputation behind the bars of his rides was of being an enthusiastic rider, and he rode well. He owned Harleys, Bandit 1200's, VMaxes, and whatever he could find to 'buy-low, sell-high.' He liked the large-displacement rides. His home and rolling stock is always immaculate, and he's been married to the same woman for probably 50 years now.

'Good-on-ya' for being 69 and still able to enjoy riding. I see people in their 50's beginning to lose brain function, sometimes for organic reasons, sometimes because of personal habits. Me? I want to enjoy life as-long as you have, and then-some. I hope to keep motorcycling a part of it as I approach retirement for the second-time. Ride safe, and watch-out for those spacecraft in rural areas while you ride, hopefully, they won't find you again, and treat you to another 'visit!' (your screen name tag-line):biglaugh:

I had a co-worker who kept riding VMaxes into his 70's. After a bad accident, not his fault, he gave-up riding. He's a gyrene, and collects/sells firearms as a hobby. His reputation behind the bars of his rides was of being an enthusiastic rider, and he rode well. He owned Harleys, Bandit 1200's, VMaxes, and whatever he could find to 'buy-low, sell-high.' He liked the large-displacement rides. His home and rolling stock is always immaculate, and he's been married to the same woman for probably 50 years now.

'Good-on-ya' for being 69 and still able to enjoy riding. I see people in their 50's beginning to lose brain function, sometimes for organic reasons, sometimes because of personal habits. Me? I want to enjoy life as-long as you have, and then-some. I hope to keep motorcycling a part of it as I approach retirement for the second-time. Ride safe, and watch-out for those spacecraft in rural areas while you ride, hopefully, they won't find you again, and treat you to another 'visit!' (your screen name tag-line):biglaugh:

That nickname came from some of the trips my group has taken over the years. Always getting separated somewhere along the way. We used to take 7 day trips of 3500 miles so had to average 500 miles a day. Which meant by the end of the week we had up to an 800 mile day to get home on time. Something always happens to delay progress, usually weather related. :biglaugh: Our last trip like that was to Canada and back a few years ago. Others were to the Outer Banks, Yellowstone and the Florida Keys. Many others of shorter length, like Big Bend, Mid-Ohio and Barber Museum over about 4 days. Since the group is all over 60 now we have eased up on the marathon trips...

I haven't been on cross country bike ride in over ten years. Maybe it's that time again.

Back