Oil level myth

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are surely kidding?

I thought he surely was.
A-vboost LED would be cool to have. And not too hard to wire in. I'm sure it's been done.
If your sitting in neutral at idle, and the light is on, better hope there's a short in the sender/light wiring. Or, there is no oil in the pan.

A-vboost LED would be cool to have. And not too hard to wire in. I'm sure it's been done.
It sure has been, Steve! Can't seem to locate the thread or post, but I'll search again later. I think it was within the last year or so.
Very simple as well - the originator used a proximity switch attached to the servo-motor slidey-thing to complete the ground circuit for the dash-mounted LED.
Just one of the mods that I had hoped to do on my bike before taking it out in the spring (if I can ever finish my winter household renovations :damn angry:)
Cheers!

I have that nifty controller...the V-Boost light is a nice blue on mine...it's also very accurate...see the light...feel the boost!!!:punk:

Why is it everytime I pull my clutch handled vboost controller my front tire comes off the ground indicating that it is activated?:ummm:

Why is it everytime I pull my clutch handled vboost controller my front tire comes off the ground indicating that it is activated?:ummm:

Because the vboost controller is connected wirelessly to the Frontal Cortex section of your brain...therefore boost function is a result of your emotional state of mind.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Long

Because the vboost controller is connected wirelessly to the Frontal Cortex section of your brain...therefore boost function is a result of your emotional state of mind.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Long
I could have sworn it was my medulla oblongata because my heart races but you're the doc.:bang head:

The aftermarket vboost controller made by micromachines has a pre-wired LED that lets you know vboost is working. I've had one for awhile now but never installed it.

http://micromachines.ca/
my programmable v boost controller came with a LED so I installed it next to my tach. now when the boost kicks in or cycles on start up the tach lights up blue, hard to see in the daylight but otherwise looks great.
later, bill

Gentlements, the myth is BUSTED.

The GAS GET INTO OIL.

I can be sure about this because:

1. Last week i drain 1 liter oil and the oil level is at the middle of oil window. When i check it again today, it's over the upper level again.

2. My full tank ran out only after 60 miles city riding. I store my bike in the house but never smell gas at all. So it cannot be leaked outside.

3. The oil i pulled out last week smell all gas with almost no viscosity.

I did check 4 plugs today and all running lean. The bike cold- start easy. So the question is How can the gas get into oil pan?

"So the question is How can the gas get into oil pan?" I have experienced this issue and found that if you have your fuel/air mixture screws set toooo far out in numbers of turns the carbs will bleed fuel from the fuel bowls into the intake runners over-night & seep past the rings. A quick check/sign of this condition is once the bike has sat for a 24hr period then you turn on the key & on switch how many clicks do you get from the fuel pump? Normal would be something in the range of one, two, or three clicks. I believe the issue is surface tension created around the mixture screw needle is lost once the screw is set greater then 2-1/2 ~ 3 turns out. Do you also notice white smoke when the engine is first started cold? Just my 2cts as to a possible cause.

I thought floats set wrong too Bro, but he said his plugs are showing lean burn. Now I'm not sure what variables exist, like when the plugs were checked ect. I think I'd go with the mixture screw inspection. Making sure the O-ring is in there and the mixture screws aren't too far from seated, like mentioned already by Damon & Dan-o. If that checks out I'd still do a fuel height check. Turn the key on and see if it changes drastically, and then pull the carbs for a redo. I'd not run with that oil/gas mix. It's toxic to the engine internals.
Steve-o

If the carb drain lines are plugged a bad needle and/ or seat could drain fuel into the engine. We have a lot of mud dobbers here and they just love to fill any kind of hole with mud.

I should have taken some pictures of my work today.

Well, I found out all the things above in today morning. The plugs are checked this morning too. I've removed the carbs but it was quite late already and i have no choice but to wait until next weekend.

I don't think the mixture screw is set too far because all the plugs are showing lean but I will give it a try. Because the bike ran fine so I agree gas can only be leaked during parking time.

As Damon mentioned about the clicking of fuel pump. How long does it take for 3 click? I've never heard 3 clicks but a long click sound. Each time (few hours or few days) i turn on the key, it will be a long click and not end sooner than V-boost motor much.

Anyway, thanks all for your help.

I should have taken some pictures of my work today.

Well, I found out all the things above in today morning. The plugs are checked this morning too. I've removed the carbs but it was quite late already and i have no choice but to wait until next weekend.

I don't think the mixture screw is set too far because all the plugs are showing lean but I will give it a try. Because the bike ran fine so I agree gas can only be leaked during parking time.

As Damon mentioned about the clicking of fuel pump. How long does it take for 3 click? I've never heard 3 clicks but a long click sound. Each time (few hours or few days) i turn on the key, it will be a long click and not end sooner than V-boost motor much.

Anyway, thanks all for your help.

3 clicks would take maybe 1 - 2 seconds, what you're hearing is a long series of rapid clicks like when the float bowls are dry. Something not right there....with the gas draining into the base contaminating the oil and reducing it's lube value I'd be hesitant to run that motor much before getting it sorted out.

I agree, Danny. The bike shouldn't be ridden until the problem is fixed.

I will disassembly the carb this weekend and if any part need to be replaced I will have to wait at least 3 more weeks for the spare parts arrive from the US. Can't ride for a month, what the pain in a**.

Latest posts

Back