ok, now i'm pi$$ed!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxjr

Reaction score
this is the fifth or sixth time i took the bike out this year.
all work was done so i could store it for the winter.
after a 2.5 mile ride home , the damn motor is making a real bad noise..
it's a hell of a rattle comming from the front.
the rods were replaced a few thousand miles ago so i'm hoping to hell it's not that.

hard to explain. sounds like it has a double walled exhaust pipe and the inner pipe broke free and it rattleing around.
(i am running a stock exhaust since a kerker is so much and there is nothing clean used. good but none rust free)

i don't over rev the thing, fresh oil, etc.
i don't really beat on it. i'm more of a fair weather rider.

i did mod the exhaust this year ( the 5 hole one )

i guess i need to know if these pipes are double walled near the motor.
if not, something is bad. real bad.

i am balls deep in my kz project. i cannot afford to build another motor now.
plus these things cost 5 times more to build then a kz.

i'll try to get a video of the noise uploaded so maybe someone can tell me if i'm screwed or not.

if it's blown, i have a tough decision.
part bike # 643 ever made or let it sit for a couple years till my money is right.
btw, it is an 85.

THIS SUCKS!

my pipes rattled toward the front. I drilled a small hole in the first wall of the pipe and ran a short screw in to to push against the inner wall. rattle gone. It took a while to figure out that was the noise.

yes!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES ME TO HEAR THIS !

this weekend.

time to pull the trigger on a kerker i guess.

ok, who has one for me ?

I don't have a kerker, but I have a pair of mint, stock front runners from my 07 hanging in the garage. :biglaugh:

I have a couple of used kerker systems laying around as well as we sell new too.

Sean

CaptainKyle has one on eBay right nowthat is just ceramic coated. Ya can't beat that! Hope you win it

Don't you love it when it's some simple bullshit problem? A rattling exhaust pipe sure beats a motor about to shit the bed. :rofl_200:

Back