Ontario Drag day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
All,

For the last couple of weeks I have been mulling over the idea of having a Drag/Dyno day at the Grand Bend Motorplex in Grand Bend, Ontario. Track rental looks reasonable and it sounds like they may be willing to do a package deal for us. I am also looking at having a company here that goes to motorcycle events bring their portable dyno just for more to do. Of course this all costs $$$ and that is where you come in. If I can get enough interested and committed individuals we can bring the costs per bike down considerably. What I am looking for is a gauge on numbers of folks that would be interested in a day of racing and tuning with a BBQ to follow. Please let me know if you are interested so I can begin to negotiate with the track and dyno operator.

Hell yeah I am in..

How about a friendly VMAXFORUM deal of a package deal for everyone in the states paid shipping of there bike, and airfare:confused2:
Hunt during the morning and race in the afternoon:clapping: I always wanted to visit Canada

Sounds good Jim, count me in too.
Lankee, this won't happen untill the spring/ summer of '09 b/c were breaking out the salt and snow shovels up here.:snow:

Well it is official!!! August 2nd will be the first annual Ontario Drag Day at St. Thomas Drag Strip just outside of London, On. We will be having a club day similar in format to the UFO drag day. More details to come. I would like to send thanks out to TFisher65 for setting this up!! Come on out folks and put your Max through its paces.

LOL, not for awhile. I have been on reduced 3 day work weeks since sept and will probably be that way till March. Good thing I have had plenty to do at the shop to keep me busy.

Sean

All,

Here are the details of the Drag Day event:

When: August 2nd
Where: St. Thomas Drag Strip just outside London, On
Time: Runs start at 1pm and run until ~6pm
Cost: $30/ bike entry

Gear:

Helmet (full face Snell 2000/2005 certified), gloves, boots, ballistic or leather jacket, and jeans. Note: If your bike is a 9 sec bike you must also have ballistic or leather pants.

To see if the dyno guy will show I need a quick note from all who will be attending so I can negotiate pricing. He will want a minimum number of bikes for sure, just have to negotiate what that number is.

Back