Parked Vmax VS 96 Civic

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkw0417

Reaction score
Well last week, some jack-hole backed into my Max at work. Pushed it off the stand and it fell over on the left side. Lucky for me, a co-worker saw it, the guy stuck around, and had insurace.
So the adjuster came by Monday, and now I just have to wait for the finance company to endorse the check to me. They said it was no problem, and I am waiting to get it back from them.

Now the happy part of the story.
New stator cover(with gasket), new shift lever and bracket, new mirros(bar ends). Well that covers what is going back to pre-incident state.

Also gonna get a Morgan carb tune, carbon fiber scoops, Marks 4-2, and I will be contacting Mr. Morely for a Jet kit. I might change to some black powder coated bars, not positive yet.

From the price shopping I have done so far I will still pocket $300 or so. I love the price list progressive uses.

This happened to me a few years ago with my sv650, the only difference was he drove right over my bike after it fell over. It messed everything up including the frame and the guy took off. Luckily my neighbors saw the whole thing and got his plate number. Turned out he didn't have insurance or a license. Had to go through my insurance and they estimated about $15,000 in damages so needless to say they wrote it off. It was my first bike and had it for a few years. I still kinda miss it.

Man that sucks! At least he had insurance and did the right thing by staying at the scene. Some careless people just don't look before they back up, I guess it must hurt their neck or something? Good luck with the rehab of the bike!

Man, Sounds like you made out big time.. Sorry to hear it happened but it's Cool that so much new is going back on just in time for some major riding.....

Nice one - amazing how insurance can work out some times. This fall my wife got hit head on in our 1998 Grand Prix GTP - it was totalled, but we got more for it that we owed, bought an '06 Grand Prix GT (another supercharged one, they dropped the GTP in 2006 when the GXP came out). I hit a deer with that about three weeks ago and pocketed about $1,400 bucks, and still had all the bodywork professionally repaired. The Vmax definitely has collision on, couldn't afford not to.

Glad to hear a potentially bad situation worked out so nicely.

Definitely agree...always get full coverage with any of your "toys". I lost both my sleds in a garage fire. Parent's homeowner refused to cover them since snowmobiles are a "commonly insured item". I only bought 6 month bare minimum policies on them since they sit whenever there's no snow. Lesson learned there.

One of my buddies bought a brand new polaris rush 800, and on literally the first ride, maybe 30 miles on it, the a-arm randomly creases backwards and throws off the alignment. Another 20 miles, the shock breaks in half and the entire suspension shits the bed in a spectacular fashion(tossing him and barrel rolling the sled like 5 times). Other than the whole sled being a total hunk of steaming shit, he managed to pocket like $500 from the insurance off it, even after a dealer fixed it. Insurance goes by part list MSRPs. Even the "pricey" dealers are typically a fair bit under the msrp value, and if get a labor estimate then do it yourself, you put all the labor right into your pocket.

Okay, so marks 4-2, morely jet kit, superbike handle bars, new bar end mirrors, new grips, carbon fiber scoops, shift lever, shift lever bracket, and stator cover ordered.

Still have a little change. Thinking I might try to sale some of the old pieces coming off the bike. I could have lived with the pieces, but hell the insurace paid for new ones do fix it all. Scoops could be usefull to someone for painting or chroming, right side is fine, left side has cracked clear coat at the bottom of the Y in Yamaha that I was able to convince the insurace guy happened in the acident, hell it might have, but no dent that I can tell.

Also have the full factory exhaust with the ends modified. Left side has minnor scuffing, can't even see without bending over to look for it.

I am not sure what either if these things would be worth. But I am sure they would help me get closer to the price of a maxgasser seat.

I can post pics later, but any advice on what ya'll think they might be worth would be appreciated.

the scoops sound like they'd probably be worth $100 or so.

Back