Plug wires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mopheos

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace plug wires and saw some 8mm Taylor wires on ebay. Anyone have experience with these? Does the forum recommend wires for the max?

Saw them on ebay. But caps not included.
I like the strobe type, nice for cosmetic but maybe not worth the price

I bought the 8mm wires and they were hell to install, get 7mm wires if you replace them.
Rhoy

Is anyone on the site currently selling this setup ready to install for people like me
who can't figure things out?

Our resident genius and supplier of most excellant cops is Birdoprey. He does a great job and is fast too. Give him a PM. :punk:

Last edited:
i run the taylor wires on my 97 max-but i'm also running the dyna. coupled with the iridium spark plugs, i havent had a problem yet. they have been on the bike for about 2 years at this point. i bought them from motoboutique for like $70.00. will be doing the cop mod to the 89 this spring when we start to work on that one for the ole lady. got the harness and the cop's, just need to get a set of spare connectors to make up the wires.

later odieoh24

FWIW - I went on ebay & bought NGK boots with 7mm wires pre-made for a VMAX & plugged them into Champion copper-plus spark plugs & my bike runs freakin' awesome ! I'm not saying this is the best for everybody, but for me it was inexpensive (less than 50 bucks) & it achieved my desired results. The rear wires are simple, but the front coil is buried, so be ready to dig...

before I converted to my R1 C.O.P.'s I was running Taylor 8mm with flashing spark plug caps.
The kind with the glass center that strobes when the spark goes through them...
They look really cool but dont do anything for performance.

The coil over plugs feel much more like they ACTUALLY made a difference but as a replacement for stock the Taylors work nicely.

I picked up my COP's on Ebay for $10 off of a 2007 R1 and it came with the wiring harness still attached.Might be worth looking into.The power rolls on much more smoothly,my RPM's hit faster,easier starts in all weather,and it feel like my high range RPM's are much smoother too.She doesnt miss a beat when cruising in mid range on the freeway either.

Attachments

• HPIM1442.JPG
    HPIM1442.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMGA0339.JPG
    IMGA0339.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMGA0338.JPG
    IMGA0338.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 41
  • HPIM1444.JPG
    HPIM1444.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 39
I see a bunch of COP's on ebay (Honda cbr1000, Suzuki gsxr600, etc), but have no clue what will work on the vmax. Any hints?

I have seen that CBR1000, R1, GSXR 750-Hyabusa1300 all work but the rule of thumb I would use is anything 1000cc or more... a lot of us here are runnin them and all agree its a feelable gain.They are easy to find but keep this in mind...

GET THE WIRING HARNESS WITH THEM

Im not sayin its impossible to do but wiring them up without the factory connectors to plug into them will make the job WAY harder so find a set that has it or Email the seller and ask if they will send it too.

Yeah honestly I dont know what works "best" but so far I havent heard ANY stories of COP's that didnt work :confused2:

If you can use coil overs from bikes as small as 600cc I dont really think there is anything that WONT work...:biglaugh:

Has anyone had a set that DID NOT work well on their Max???:ummm:

YES! The ones to use are the Nippon Denso brand.

Someone had trouble with the other brand, but I can't remember what it was :ummm:

before I converted to my R1 C.O.P.'s I was running Taylor 8mm with flashing spark plug caps.
The kind with the glass center that strobes when the spark goes through them...
They look really cool but dont do anything for performance.

The coil over plugs feel much more like they ACTUALLY made a difference but as a replacement for stock the Taylors work nicely.

I picked up my COP's on Ebay for $10 off of a 2007 R1 and it came with the wiring harness still attached.Might be worth looking into.The power rolls on much more smoothly,my RPM's hit faster,easier starts in all weather,and it feel like my high range RPM's are much smoother too.She doesnt miss a beat when cruising in mid range on the freeway either.

Nicely explained :) I have a better view of what I can check now :)

Latest posts

Back