Progressive fork spring question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blankman

Reaction score
Ready to install my new springs. I've read on this forum where people say that the proper oil level is 4.8 from the top. When I read the enclosed Progressive instructions they advise the maximum oil level is 5.5 inches. What gives. Both measurements were given with the fork fully collasped.

OK. Thanks. Another question. Instructions call for a spacer of 9.37. In the box was only one piece of plastic pipe measuring 10 inches. Did I get shorted or what?

Ready to install my new springs. I've read on this forum where people say that the proper oil level is 4.8 from the top. When I read the enclosed Progressive instructions they advise the maximum oil level is 5.5 inches. What gives. Both measurements were given with the fork fully collasped.

The progressive springs are made with heavier material therfore they will displace more oil. If you use the stock measurements and then use the progressive springs the oil level will be too high and your forks would be almost solid and blow the seals.

Exactly. Think I will go with the Progressive level of 5.5. and cut my stock spacers down to the 5/8 inch protruding. thanks

Back