Question about v max brace ive seen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jpvmax

Reaction score
Just wondering what the brace is for that runs at a angle on both sides of the max ive seen on some that are for sale, must be like a frame connector? is this for stability? thanks:confused2:

Just wondering what the brace is for that runs at a angle on both sides of the max ive seen on some that are for sale, must be like a frame connector? is this for stability? thanks:confused2:

Yes, just helps your frame be a little more rigid. That combined with a few other things can help eliminate the wobbles of the vmax, and whatever else a rigid frame can help with :eusa_dance: ...

" Frame Braces " are just that. Vmax frame is not the most solid out there. We tend to strengthen where possible . Swingarm , forks , frame. Keeps the bike more predictable - stable on acceleration , braking , turning .

Attachments

• Johan Kjellberg 1.jpg
    Johan Kjellberg 1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Vengo Max 5.jpg
    Vengo Max 5.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 99
  • Zweirad frame brace 1.jpg
    Zweirad frame brace 1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 99
  • 7-19-11 279.jpg
    7-19-11 279.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 94
Anything that makes the VMax frame more rigid is a good thing.....Can even be done with solid motor mounts.

Anything that makes the VMax frame more rigid is a good thing.....Can even be done with solid motor mounts.

I would highly recommend frame braces over motor mounts and NOT doing motor mounts.

my $0.02

I have frame braces...they HELP.

That being said, SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS WILL BE INSTALLED ON EVERY VMAX I OWN FROM THIS DAY FORTH.
I put billet mounts in and they drastically helped where the frame bars helped a bit.

Install will require you to just shy of remove the motor but I got mine done in a couple hours using all the wrong tools for the job.

I left my bars on mostly because they look tough

IMHO

Attachments

• IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 98
These are also suppose to help with frame strengthening
http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/info_203H.html\\

I've seen some where there's a bar that is fed through the engine compartment and fastened to these "corner" plates, either the front or rear, as well.

Theyre certainly attractive looking but with that large open area in the center they dont seem like they would add a whole lot of rigidity:confused2:

I've got those frame plates..made by Evo-tech BRM in Germany. I have those and solid mounts. Don't have the frame bar. Evo tech also has (had) 2 engine plates that screwed into the footpeg mounts and underneath the engine block (there are 2 unused tapped holes there if you look). Don't know how much you would gain from this though.

If u r talkin bout those corner plates--brm site: http://www.schwabenmax.de/English/index_alteng.htm

if ur talking bout the bars, I'm on my phone and the web browser ain't so hot, so I can't find the exact urls for ya, but google it, They're all over the place.
holeshot (dale walker?), exactrep, over racing, sportmax, are some of the specialty sites that come to mind. They also go my the term , "torque bars"

(Edit) here's another specialty store:
http://www.v-max-f-maerz.de/vmaxkatalog/570_en.html

regards from my tapatalking android...

Hm, Garret changed hes mind.

So...why?

i had the frame braces for a while and then did the motor mounts. I noticed a good difference with the frame braces with the overall rigidity of the bike and noticed no better with the motor mounts, just more vibes and loose bolts.

if my engine ever comes out again i'd put stock ones back in.

I also know i'm not the only person who feels this way.

i dont' think i was ever a supporter of the motor mounts. maybe if someone didn't have frame braces?

i had the frame braces for a while and then did the motor mounts. I noticed a good difference with the frame braces with the overall rigidity of the bike and noticed no better with the motor mounts, just more vibes and loose bolts.

i dont' think i was ever a supporter of the motor mounts. maybe if someone didn't have frame braces?

I've always heard that if you have solid mounts braces aren't needed and if you have braces you don't really need mounts.... I'm going with just the solid mounts to save weight, bike is heavy enough, don't wanna go adding anymore weight than I have to...

I've always heard that if you have solid mounts braces aren't needed and if you have braces you don't really need mounts.... I'm going with just the solid mounts to save weight, bike is heavy enough, don't wanna go adding anymore weight than I have to...

valid point and i can't disagree. i would recommend frame braces purely because of install time. and easily uninstall time.

obviously the price thing can effect some peoples choice too. $70 vs $300 and up.

I've got chrome frame braces on mine...not only does it look mean as hell, it is amazingly stable. I was weary of the maxes at first because stories of "death woble", but mine rides perfectly. You can take you hands off the bars at 80+ with no woble/concerns. I've got much more than frame brace on her, but I suspect it is a huge help.

Attachments

• vmax side.JPG
    vmax side.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 55

Fact of increased vibrations in a specific rpm's range after soild mounts instalation in udeniable. For some folks it could be iritating...I totaly agree.
But the second undenaiable fact is mounts are best bung for the buck.
Like everywhere with everything - there are good and also bad sides...

You have to much posts alredy so I dont mind you dont remember LOL

Fact of increased vibrations in a specific rpm's range after soild mounts instalation in udeniable. For some folks it could be iritating...I totaly agree.

i agree with everything you said. bang for the buck, i would probably agree, altho never rode a bike with just motor mounts so can comment there. my personal opinion is to do the easy -mount, easy- to reverse mod first (braces).

but if you have $100 and want better handling, i bet its the way to go.

however. i definitely never remember saying i recommended them. Maybe i wanted to do them, but once i had them i haven't been the happiest. if you can find the post i'll clarify or graciously eat my sock.

Are you counting any bucks for the time & effort to remove & replace the motor mounts ?

Are you counting any bucks for the time & effort to remove & replace the motor mounts ?

If youre doing solid motor mounts take a stiff shot of alcohol,smack yourself in the knuckles with a crowbar,sit down and have a good cry...having gotten all that out of the way you might have less trouble but youre not in for a good time any way you slice it. It takes forever what feels like forever.

Is it worth it? You tell me...Its an opinion thing and we all got one of those.
So it goes like this:
:th_angelic008:
solid mounts:CHEAPER INSTALL SUCKS ASS
torque bars: COST MORE INSTALL IS FAST/EASY

Back