Quick run up to 130

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Took my Hero cam out with me today, mostly avoided the highways but got in in this one spot that's a "safe" place to wind up the speed a bit. It's a little valley...a slight grade down followed by a steeper grade up. I get on it right at the drop off, and at about 0:30 I start going uphill...why the acceleration falls off.

One of these days I'll get it up to 145 on video....problem is 87 has lots of cops on the southern half, and the northern half just isn't straight/smooth enough. Out in Mass is where we usually wind it up to warp speed for miles at a time...hehe

Watch it on youtube, click it up to 720 resolution and use full screen for the best view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXPnbbeceEg

Hah you got me. The fastest I have braved my bike was 110 and thayer was only for a second.

My ticket book is out and I am filling in the blanks. I will mail it to you. Oh wait, you are slightly out of my jurisdiction, nevermind.

Oh crap, I feel bad.... I did 130 on the cross town today.... In third gear!

So, yeah, I am stationed in Germany, with my vmax. I go 140 regularly. I feel like Neo from the matrix when he flies through the city to save trinity. Last weekend I hit a stip with no traffic or speed limits for over 40 miles. It was amazing. A-ma-zing!! I will be sad when I have to go back stateside and have weak @$$ speedlimits again. 60 mph is slow here.

Yes, it looked like fun.

I like the videos on youtube of the urban assaults or the open road turbo bikes zipping to 3 miles/minute. I don't do any of that myself (nothing I own will do 185 mph) and I would hate to hear of some innocent person getting hurt because of those runs. The guy in Russia who runs wild thru the streets is particularly lucky.

That was sweet! I've knocked on the door of 130 once or twice but i'm pretty sure I was closer to 125 or so. Feels like 900mph lol! You looked solid though good riding.

Were did you take this video, the area looks very nice and the road looks well maintained?

So, yeah, I am stationed in Germany, with my vmax. I go 140 regularly. I feel like Neo from the matrix when he flies through the city to save trinity. Last weekend I hit a stip with no traffic or speed limits for over 40 miles. It was amazing. A-ma-zing!! I will be sad when I have to go back stateside and have weak @$$ speedlimits again. 60 mph is slow here.

In which part? Im going to Stuttgart this week.

Well I was trying to tell you that they were talking about 1 gen...its the same like you could just come hi and say: hey I just hit 150 with my busa....but you didnt understand...sorry.

And yes - I never growed up.

Nope I understand, I have owned and loved two new Gen1's in their day, great bikes, my statement was not derogatory at all.

And hopefully I will never grow up either!

Yeah, I thought that too....no way you're doing 130 in third.

For me with a Venture drive, my shift light "9200rpm" comes on at ~130 in fourth. Never got it on in fifth. Top of third for me is a tad north of 100.

Since I don't particularly care if cops see this (I run here because there's no u-turn crossovers or places for cruisers to hide anyway), it's between exit 19 and 20 on I-87 north. The Northway in general is pretty well maintained. There used to be a better stretch up north of 23(longer), but they've since made a little road between the north and south lanes about halfway down the "strip", and cops ALWAYS sit there, probably because they realized it was a great place for a money grab OOPS I mean enforcement point.

I can haul balls on 87, since I've gone between exit 1/the end in albany to ~27 so many times I've essentially memorized the layout, where all the cop hideouts are, ect. If I feel like it, I can do the 88.5 mile trip from my parents to the lake house in under an hour, including a few miles of city traffic. Figured it out once and we averaged like 91mph for the trip.

The only reason it looked steady was because I was in the special "prepare to exceed 100mph" pose, I did the chants and incantations prior, I abstain from salt on the second tuesday of each month, and I drank a Pepsi at precisely 52 degrees before I left. The gravitation pull of Jupiter was particularly strong that day as well, which I think helped. If I don't do these lengthy preparations I'll be in a tank slapper before I hit 80.

Latest posts

Back