Rear Lighting Upgrades

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EDIT: I contacted the former owner but he bought his bike with it on it and has no information on it.
I will have to contact the guy I purchased it from. It is a machined aluminum piece and I didn't try to disasemble it as it was already working.
I picked it up kinda late last spring so I just rattle canned it and installed and went riding, I've had no issues with it at all. In fact I shorted my Motorcycle mods taillight out ( most of the leds, but there were 2/3 leds left for a tail light.) and I rode all the way to Dannys for the Brownie Run then onto the VMOA event in S Ontariio and back with no issues from traffic/ other riders behind me or law enforcement for that matter.:punk:

i gotta keep that in mind as the motorcycle mods doesn't have white license plate lights and i may fail inspection this yr b/c of it.

Vmax Rear led2.jpg
I got a LED reflector, the result is just amazing.
I did wire it as a brake like, keeping the LED plate holder (same seller) as a running light.
The pic really reflect how it is :p

Yea i will agree. AMAZING! Got the same set up. Super Super bright. Cant stress it enough how bright they are. And at Night they are the TITTIES!

"I put a "back-off" on the GF's Marauder. I can't remember what it does because I never ride behind her. I have a different brand on the Max that flashes three times then goes solid.
I will put a tail light modulator on every bike I own from now on."

I finally got around to hooking up the Custom Dynamics "back-off" modulator I had ordered in two years ago. I have two tail/brake lights, so I opted to use the modulator just for the top one. Works great! I got into the habit of manually flashing my brakes at stoplights years ago, now I have one less thing to remember, which is good, seeing that I'm older than time itself.
Another feature of the C.D. modulator, that I haven't seen mentioned in previous posts, is that there is another optional circuit, intended for emergency use,when the bike is stopped. If hooked up, this will continually flash the brake light. To power it, I ran a wire directly from the positive side of the battery, to a hidden (more or less) toggle switch behind the r.h. side cover, and then to the modulator wire. Very eye-catching, ignition does not have to be on. It also works with the ignition on, (and bike in use),but as the above poster had mentioned, the police may frown upon this.
Cheers, Miles

Latest posts

Back