Reroute cables and wires...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcoop99

Reaction score
Does anyone see a problem with routing the throttle and clutch cables along with the wiring for switches BEHIND the forks. Here's how I am set up now (bike is totally tore down but you get the point)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362166271797.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362166271797.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 44
that'd put a wicked bend in them yea?

i've tried similar reroutes. the throttle linkage didn't like it even after futzing with the slack.

The throttle cable NEEDS to be run between the upper fork tubes behind the headlight bucket otherwise like Garrett said you'll get a wicked bend/ kink.
The controls cable on my bike for both left and right run behind the forks and near the steering head before they route back into the frame area. I don't think there is enough cable length to run it the way you have in the picture. I also have 31.5" wide handlebars VS. th estockers 27.5".

I've re-routed all my cables and wiring, to go above the top tree, then downwards to where they connect. Nothing at in in front of the fork tubes. No problems with the throttle cables, and I have custom bars, which have more rise and pullback than the OEM ones.
However, I also use fairings, which hide all the cables and wiring after they fall beneath the top tree. I don't know if this arrangement would work with the stock headlight.
If you like, I can take some pics , next time I remove the fairing.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back