Riding a Vmax & a Honda VFR800

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cybergrizzly

Reaction score
I started riding 125cc, 200cc, later 250cc, then a 650cc (all dual purpose bikes) and now that I am 57 my ride is a 1998 Max for the past year & a half. I've always like the looks of the superbikes and although not exactly a superbike, there's a possibility to get my hands on a 2007 Honda VFR800.

Since I've never ridden a superbike, I hesitate since riding a Max is a straight forward sitting position while the VFR is slightly forward position towards sports. Would it be hard to make the switch ? These are definitely two different rides.

My body is "standard built", weight is 200 lbs and not much of a beer belly but there is a small belly. 5'-11" high.

:bang head:

It is a different ride but you'll get use to it real quick. If you don't have back problems you will love it. The first thing that's gonna happen is getting use to turning. And your wrists are gonna hurt for a few days. But I really enjoy the sport bike position. Especially on the highway with my left arm relaxing on the tank. Boy I miss that so much lol

The VFR is way more upright than a typical superbike, and more comfortable. Lots if people put the VFR clipons on their sportbikes to make them more comfortable. You might get get tired wrists real quick and be looking to add risers for more comfort. I have a Bandit 1250 and that is the thing I first noticed about my new to me Vmax was the less presure on the wrists.

Those are good advises. I´ve read similar things in the web that the VFR is much more forgiving (position wise) than the typical sportbike. My back sometimes hurt when I lift something the wrong way but it goes away in a couple of days. Guess I need to go to the gym to exercise and put my back muscles to work.

Back