Sadly but surely

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maximum

Reaction score
I just dropped my '07 Max off at the dealer yesterday to trade it in on an '08 Kawa ZX-14. I loved the Max, but after 23,235 miles and five years it was time to move on. My lady asked if this indicated that I'd entered my second childhood. I told her no, probably my fourth or fifth, but I've lost count. I guess my biggest concern is that a man my age (I'll be 64 in a month) might fall asleep in a position that close to prone. Luckily, keeping the Ninja under control pretty much rules out falling asleep at the handlebars. It's actually very comfortable and the bars are not as low-slung as on many sport bikes. A lot of people tour them. Eager to see how it goes.

Although I "lurked" a lot and didn't contribute as much as I could have (I apologize for that), I just wanted to thank all you guys for the information and the laughs--along with the occasional sadnesses you so willingly shared. I wish you all very well. Enjoy your Maxes and ride safe.

Two down.

Chris.

I am buying a second bike for my stable. A 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400.

Do not intend to sell my 2005 vmax though. Will keep both.

Best of luck with the new ride Chris. It's a sweet machine for sure. Like was alredy said. stop in and say hello. Most Vmax riders don't mind other makes showing up for rides. I for one love all bikes.
ride safe and fast,and enjoy thr new bike. Don't be a stranger.
Steve-o

I am buying a second bike for my stable. A 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400.

Do not intend to sell my 2005 vmax though. Will keep both.

Yep, would have loved to keep the Max, but just couldn't justify it financially. Plus, I had the same problem with a couple cars, once. When I was driving one, I felt guilty about not driving the other, and vice versa. Like having a mistress. Easier and less mental hassel to just have one good wife.

The Concours is a terrific ride. You are lucky to be able to swing it and the Max too. For me, it was either or.

I've got a bit over 100 miles on the ZX since I picked it up Thursday. It is amazing. Learning its moves and adjusting to them. The first time I put my normal Max grip on the brake I nearly went over the bars. Hope to have close to 500 miles on it before the Ohio winter is supposed to set in, the day after Thanksgiving. I need to get to where I'm not paying so much attention to the new bike and have my focus on the road and traffic, where it belongs. I'll get there.

And I'll be around. I only hope there's a forum half as good as this one for the ZX.

Good luck with that 14 man. I just rode a 2012 zx14 a week and a half ago that a close buddy bought and man what a bike. I cranked it to @140 from a dead stop on this very straight long strip near where I work and it gets there quick. It was pretty much just starting to stretch it legs and I got out of it. (blue balls) :biglaugh:.

Sounds like you had a similar Max experience to me....had mine for 4 years and about 22k miles before I kind of decided it was time to move on. When a smokin' deal on a Z1000 came along I just couldn't pass it up. Then I felt guilty about having the Max just parked in the garage (I took it out a few times, which only served to highlight the massive difference between how the two bikes ride), decided it needed a new "good home" and sold it. Hated to see it collecting dust in my garage.

14's are fantastic bikes....IMO they're the world's best "canyon carvers". Plus they make anybody feel like a pro racer.....the smoothness, stability, and limitless power make it stupid easy to ride at highly illegal speeds, be it in a straight line or corners.

I just dropped my '07 Max off at the dealer yesterday to trade it in on an '08 Kawa ZX-14. I loved the Max, but after 23,235 miles and five years it was time to move on. My lady asked if this indicated that I'd entered my second childhood. I told her no, probably my fourth or fifth, but I've lost count. I guess my biggest concern is that a man my age (I'll be 64 in a month) might fall asleep in a position that close to prone. Luckily, keeping the Ninja under control pretty much rules out falling asleep at the handlebars. It's actually very comfortable and the bars are not as low-slung as on many sport bikes. A lot of people tour them. Eager to see how it goes.

Although I "lurked" a lot and didn't contribute as much as I could have (I apologize for that), I just wanted to thank all you guys for the information and the laughs--along with the occasional sadnesses you so willingly shared. I wish you all very well. Enjoy your Maxes and ride safe.

Two down.

Chris.

Life is a highway. I would love a new 14. When they get a bit cheaper in a few years perhaps I too will own one. BE SAFE.

Back