Shinko Tire Information

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Shinko 170/80 15 Info needed..

Say DZ,
Where are you getting the Shinko for $84 shipped???? I'm partial to the ME 880 but that's are good deal if they are a decent tire.
Thanks,
Lew

Best deal I found on Shinkos was BikeBandit - got both front and back at my door for less than $150:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

+ 1 that the 170/80 - 15 and the 120/90 -18 fit with no mods on mine. now its 25? and the roads have ice and dirt on them, so no idea how they work yet but they fit damnit...

Just got them from Bikebandit.com, 157.00 shipped. 170/80/15 and a 120/90/18, no mods required at all to fit. I ended up getting raped at the dealer having them installed, but, thats my fault. I'm impatient. I need to buy the equipment needed to change my own tires.

Just got them from Bikebandit.com, 157.00 shipped. 170/80/15 and a 120/90/18, no mods required at all to fit. I ended up getting raped at the dealer having them installed, but, thats my fault. I'm impatient. I need to buy the equipment needed to change my own tires.

whats rapped? my guys is usually like $25/$30 a tire when i bring him the rim(s)...

Legion...Make your own changing tools, check this thread out... Tire change/balance tools
I got ripped off by the LBS and decided to go this route...as dumb as this stuff looks, it actually works!!
I'm going to try the Dyna Bead balance sys in the spring and if it works well will scrap the dynamic balance stand.

I'm going to try the Dyna Bead balance sys in the spring and if it works well will scrap the dynamic balance stand.

I did go the DynaBeads route and I'm happy with it. I originally thought I had a bit more vibes on the front immediately after doing it, but after a few hundred miles I think it's actually just fine. Dyna told me to add another oz to my front wheel but I didn't bother.

One ounce in the front tire, two ounces in the rear. I overpaid for them ($7/oz) from a local stealer - it's cheaper online from Dyna themselves for the 3oz kit.

Heys guys, raped is having to pay $131.00 to have the dealer install/balance 2 tires that YOU provide. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention no lube! :bang head: I need to learn to do this on my own. I was going to buy one of those portable lifts, but I have Kerker pipes and they come down below the frame. Maybe I'll get a center stand and just put it on when I need it.
I'll post some before/after pics but its kinda hard to tell the difference...2cm and all. Oh well, I like 'em. Love 'em actually. They got rid of the shakes I was feeling coming down from 55mph to 40 when I let off the throttle. Take care.

Legion

Attachments

• IMG_4181.jpg
    IMG_4181.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4427.jpg
    IMG_4427.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4438.jpg
    IMG_4438.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 52
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 51

Heys guys, raped is having to pay $131.00 to have the dealer install/balance 2 tires that YOU provide. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention no lube! :bang head: I need to learn to do this on my own. I was going to buy one of those portable lifts, but I have Kerker pipes and they come down below the frame. Maybe I'll get a center stand and just put it on when I need it.
I'll post some before/after pics but its kinda hard to tell the difference...2cm and all. Oh well, I like 'em. Love 'em actually. They got rid of the shakes I was feeling coming down from 55mph to 40 when I let off the throttle. Take care.

Legion

ouch, ok yea that is kind high. However, did you bring them the bike or the rims? a lot of places are very cheap for just the rims ($20/30 a rim to install)..

i've heard disposing of tires can be expensive too? i have no idea so thats just hearsay..

oh also legion i have a spare centerstand if you are interested, PM me if so, and on a side note your bike looks sweet. followed your indicator thread, glad u got it worked out...

I brought them the bike. I'll need to fIgure something else out before i have to change the rear again. My biggest issue is reliably and securely getting the tires off the ground. It doesn't look all that bad after its up and secure.

shinko tires

I looking into shinko...

What model and sizes are you running? Where did you get them? What do you think?

I want to try my and on drag racing but mainly use my vmax for commuting.

Dunlop qualifiers are on their way out. Need a set soon.

Thanks for info.

Re: shinko tires

110/90 18 for front, 170/80 15 for rear.

150/90 15 is the stock size for rear.

The best deal comes from www.bikebandit.com

I got both of mine shipped to my door for less than $150, a few months ago.

+1 - love my Shinkos - I went with stock rear size - need very little weight & grip like hell - bikebandit rocks !

Back