Shiny Metal, Unidentified Flying Object From My Stator

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I was working at fixing a Stator Cover Leak on my 89. I had all the gasket removed and was using compressed air to blow the remnants out before installing a new gasket. This shiny stainless steel, piece of metal came flying out during the process of blowing the crap out of the cover. Anybody have a clue what it may be??? :ummm::ummm::ummm: The picture uses a Dreaded O-Ring for size reference. The O-Ring is about the size of a nickle. The stainless piece is about ??? 30-40 thousandths thick.

Attachments

• Metal Piece From Stator.jpg
    Metal Piece From Stator.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 55
To me it looks like the kind of thing that's used for labeling on engine/electrical parts. Can you see anything printed/engraved on it at all? Magnifying glass?

Looks too perfectly formed to be anything that might have been smashed/ground. Perhaps a weight or tag of some sort? Does it look like it might have had any glue on the back side?

One side looks like it may have been stuck to something but there's just a trace of any bonding material. The stator cover went back on so perfectly, I was hoping this wasn't the key part to something in there I've never seen before.:biglaugh:

The shiny side has absolutely nothing printed on it.

Thanks for all the replies...

I haven't seen one of them yet and i'd like to think i've seen it all in one of these engines. Maybe it's a "hanging chad" left over from a stamping process when some of the parts were made.

Sean

This has been interesting but I'm past it, just hoping there's no more in there.

I once saw a flat tire caused by a Sharks Tooth...:ummm: It Happens....

I saw one of these pieces back when I was working on my bike.

It's a stator guide indicator. where as the carb chains when removed will increase displacement and add horsepower. If you remove the stator guide indicator it removes 10lbs of rotating mass on your internals and another 5lbs of static mass from the chassis.

It's similar to hacking a car battery to get at all them AA batteries. :biglaugh:

I saw one of these pieces back when I was working on my bike.

It's a stator guide indicator. where as the carb chains when removed will increase displacement and add horsepower. If you remove the stator guide indicator it removes 10lbs of rotating mass on your internals and another 5lbs of static mass from the chassis.

It's similar to hacking a car battery to get at all them AA batteries. :biglaugh:

no, not again LMAO :rofl_200:

Back