Should I change my blinkers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well it's on to my next project which is putting my chrome parts on and I was thinking that while I had the parts off the bike I might change my blinkers back to stock.

I bought the bike with these little blinkers and I'm not so sure people can see them that well, my wife was following me back home a while ago and when we got home she said she didn't even notice the blinkers. She said if she didn't know where I was going to turn the blinkers wouldn't have caught her attention.

Now I have these,

blinkers.jpg

How many of you perfer the stock blinkers? I was thinking they will be bigger and will be noticed better and they also have chrome so it will tie in good with the rest of my chrome parts.

What do ya think???

Ron

I personally think that stock blinkers are big and ugly. I would stick with what you have. I have blinkers similar to what you have, and you're right they are hard to see. I don't use my blinkers, I use hand signals because cagers pay more attention to that than any blinkers in my experience. I pretty much just have blinkers on my bike to appease the authorities. Also, I think the ones you have on the bike look good.

I have the stock blinkers on mine as well and have every intention of replacing them. I don't like the looks of them and plan to replace them to something with a clear lens and orange bulbs or LED's. That said, it's your bike, so do what ever you like best :)

The Vmax has very few "safety" features...I'd find some BRIGHT LED blinkers - that retain running light capabilities.

Once I find s set I'm going to buy them.

It's all about being seen right? but yes the stock are horrendous and ugly looking.
________
volcano classic review

Last edited:
I use a trailer taillight converter and a pair of red Super Bright LED blinkers on my bike. I think this makes the bike way more visible from the rear as it has 3 indivdual running lights that also act as brake lights. The converter lets the lights work just like a cars, the blinkers are on steady when the brakes are applied, and flash when the blinker swith is activated. Plus I think the smaller brighter lights look pretty sweet.

The Vmax has very few "safety" features...I'd find some BRIGHT LED blinkers - that retain running light capabilities.

Once I find s set I'm going to buy them.

It's all about being seen right? but yes the stock are horrendous and ugly looking.

I've looked at OODLES on Ebay. I plan to wire the rear up as running lights too. Eventually will replace the rear reflector and run as a running/brake light as well.

Way too small eagle. Get yourself some nice lookin LEDs. I did ,. I chucked the lollipop lights out back with some ...and i get lots of complements on how they look and how bright they are.
Stay visible out there ....:punk:

I have the same ones and never experienced any problems, the stock ones look like tennis rackets bolted to the sides IMO. If anything you could consider changing your wife if she can't see your current ones? :)

people bitch about mine too. but i passed inspection so whatever

I'm all about visibility!! Plus, I have no problem with the tennis racket, lolli-pop style lights so I kept them, but replaced the rear single pole socket and whip with a set of double pole whips from some front directionals that 82nd Cowboy gave me. That gives me running lights on both ends of the bike.

Also powdercoated the chrome housings Vulcan black, it helps make them blend with the bike better IMO.

Prolly excessive paranoia but, damn!! I don't want to get run over if it can possibly be avoided!

I did draw the line at the 'boat trailer' style taillight tho, THAT had to go!!

I have the smaller bulb style turn signals from Python Motorsports. I think they are adequete for my area, but I'm probably gonna go to brighter led's and a different mounting location so I can use my saddlebags. I will have lots of time during the 7 month winter mod season to work on the mounting location.

Shoulda put this pic in the last post...sorry, forgot. Here's the 'blacked out' directionals.

Attachments

• 100_1394.jpg
    100_1394.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back