signal fuse

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:biglaugh::biglaugh::punk::punk::punk: perfect hahah.

we use to take those little tinny popping ones, the ones you just through on the ground and they snap, when we were real young kids, at the grocery store, lay a line of those infront and behind the wheels of the shopping carts of the (well older then us ladies) and they would go forward and get freaked out from the pop and then go backwards and then go pop ahhahah was such a blast, caused soo much shit when we were kids hahahahah

Well i'm happy to report, i found my problem and fixed it :eusa_dance:

I had a leaking o-ring on my drain cock, so i took it apart and fixed that problem. then i decided to put my stebel horn back together that i removed a few weeks ago. well it turns out the 2 horn wires were resting on my pipe and melting the plastic ends when it got warm, which shorted those wires causing that fuse to blow.

put everything back together, took it for a spin and now it seems im good to go!

Thanks for the help everyone...

The weather is finally turning around and im ready to ride now :punk:

Well i'm happy to report, i found my problem and fixed it :eusa_dance:

I had a leaking o-ring on my drain cock, so i took it apart and fixed that problem. then i decided to put my stebel horn back together that i removed a few weeks ago. well it turns out the 2 horn wires were resting on my pipe and melting the plastic ends when it got warm, which shorted those wires causing that fuse to blow.

put everything back together, took it for a spin and now it seems im good to go!

Thanks for the help everyone...

The weather is finally turning around and im ready to ride now :punk:

Good deal Bill!! :clapping::punk::clapping:

i ON SOME JAPANESE THINGS , POWER IS SUPPLIED ALL OF THE TIME AND THE SWITCH WILL SUPPLY THE GROUND , SO JUST MAKE SURE THOSE HORN WIRES AREN'T TOUCHING ANYTHING !
i MAN , I THINK ME & "ROVIC" HIT THAT RIGHT ON THE HEAD ! .. I'LL BE RIGHT BACK , I'M GOING TO GET LOTTERY TICKETS ! .. :punk:. :punk:. :punk:

Had a similiar prob.recently.After tracing most wires(in headlight,under seat etc.),it turned out I had a bad rear brake light switch .When I hit the rear brake short in brake light switch would blow the fuse.Was a PITA to discover the prob.& had to order new switch from Yammi.
If you have to replace either of the brake light switch (front or back) you might try a pressure switch to actuate the light. It also cleans up the area arounf the rear brake switch very nicely.

Glad you were able to find the problem Bill.
I just remembered that I had a headlight problem at Thunder which we will not need to repeat on how we fixed it!:doh:

Attachments

• IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0866.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 15
If you have to replace either of the brake light switch (front or back) you might try a pressure switch to actuate the light. It also cleans up the area arounf the rear brake switch very nicely.

Glad you were able to find the problem Bill.
I just remembered that I had a headlight problem at Thunder which we will not need to repeat on how we fixed it!:doh:

You're right Brian, that looks nice....I never really cared for the extra wire, switch, bracket and spindley little spring.

I'm just not sure what I'm looking at in your pic....where is the pressure switch, on top of the master? Do you have a link for it?

You're right Brian, that looks nice....I never really cared for the extra wire, switch, bracket and spindley little spring.

I'm just not sure what I'm looking at in your pic....where is the pressure switch, on top of the master? Do you have a link for it?
Yep I found a rubber cover to dress up fitting. The pressure switch replaces the bolt that clamps the brake line banjo to the master, costs about $20.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/70/12340/ITEM/Vortex-Brake-Light-Switch.aspx

hey cop runner whats the lotto jack pot this month, i need some radial rims for the bike hahahahah,

glad it was a easy fix bill, electrical ghosts are the worst to deal with.

Latest posts

Back