Spark Plug Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdr-5041

Reaction score
Hey guys -

I saw that Mark (maleko89) listed the NGK part number as being DPR8EA-9. On the Outlaw site in the spark plug article the number is DPR9EA-9. I understand the difference is that the #9 plug is colder. In ya'lls opinion is there much of a difference between the two? Since I'm in south Florida could/would I go with the #9 colder plug since it's a hotter climate?

- Mark

I wouldn't change unless you're noticing engine pinging/pre ignition?

Hey Mark -

Nope, no problems. I'm at the 8,000 mile marker, so I'm doing a few basic service things. I just wondered since where I am it's definitely on the warm side most of the time. What about wires? What do you like?

- Mark

Mark, I use regular 7 mm copper core wire from a local bike shop. I buy it by the foot. I use NGK 5KOhm boots.

Thanks Mark. One last question and I promise to go away. Would you recommend Castrol 75w90 synthetic for the rear? Try as I might I can't find the BG Ultra-Guard 750 around here. Also, Seafoam goes straight into the gas tank?

- Mark

Mark...mind if I call you Mark? lol

That diff oil should be fine.

Yep, a shotglass full of seafoam is all you need. You can also inject directly to carbs if doing the Peashooter.

Hey Mark -

Mark here........ Thanks for all the info, but mostly for your patience...

- Mark

Back