sport wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Busa can be done as well as a few others.

Attachments

• CHRISHEATH2.jpg
    CHRISHEATH2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 118
good to know that wheels off of sports bikes can cope with the weight.

Ill be sticking a set of custom cut wheels on my bike when i build it but still want to run a 120front and a 190 rear, maybe evan a 180 cos i do love corners :p

good to know that wheels off of sports bikes can cope with the weight.

Ill be sticking a set of custom cut wheels on my bike when i build it but still want to run a 120front and a 190 rear, maybe evan a 180 cos i do love corners :p
More then year on the Polish roads and couple tousends of miles...no more to say here.

Could someone tell me where I can get the bits to convert my '07 max so that I can run radial tires? Do you get 17 inch wheels somewhere? Can't seem to get any info off the net...Any help appreciated... a website? Thanks!

Could someone tell me where I can get the bits to convert my '07 max so that I can run radial tires? Do you get 17 inch wheels somewhere? Can't seem to get any info off the net...Any help appreciated... a website? Thanks!

The front will take a radial, as for the back there are many types out there available. or you can get one from Tom at Cycle One Off, or send your stocker rear wheel to Kosman and have them rework it for you.

http://www.cycleoneoff.com/V-max-wheels.html

http://www.kosman.net/v-max.htm

Holy cow, those Kosman conversions look like total ASS!
You couldn't give me a set of those. And where is the 18" rear option. I'd rather run a set of laced up up wheels attached to a whittled down Vmax hub ala the 1986 Cycle World shootout article.

I don't mind them all that much, I think they look pretty normal, but probably a little heavier than stock.

vmaxrear2.jpg

I would get it done to my rear wheel, but I'm now in saving mode for a Steve Taylor set up. My moped is slowly transforming.
It will be similast to this, 'cept my douple headlights and pipe.

tachesnewmax.jpg

i just had my kosman done with an 85 wheel. nice work i like it, it is at the coaters right now.

You couldn't give me a set of those. And where is the 18" rear option. I'd rather run a set of laced up up wheels attached to a whittled down Vmax hub ala the 1986 Cycle World shootout article.

attached is a different way they do it for the 85 wheels.

Attachments

• kosman brake.jpg
    kosman brake.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 50
  • kosman drive.jpg
    kosman drive.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 53
I was handed down from my dad one of the first Kosman conversions from back in the late eighty's. Practically impossible to find and harder to buy. This was cut down to the hub and added to there wheel 18 x 6.

EXTREMELY LIGHTWEIGHT.

Attachments

• P1100570.jpg
    P1100570.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 57
I've got a crushed one around here somewhere. Was going to maybe have it fixed.

Sean

I've got a crushed one around here somewhere. Was going to maybe have it fixed.

Sean

If I remember right, Roy's was bent... It is SUPER light. More for track duty and WAY less for road duty, but that's what his dad used the bike for back in the day.

Chris

Yes sir. There are a couple of dents and dings in it, but it has been used and abused and taken the majority of it very well.

Yes sir. There are a couple of dents and dings in it, but it has been used and abused and taken the majority of it very well.

Yeah! These short sidewalls don't help either.

If I EVER rode mine I may have the same issue... lol :biglaugh:

Actually, Come to think of it I may have the front wheel. The rear was sold before I got the bike. Would have been around 2002-2003. It may actually be the match to the wheel I have (which were on a 99 bike from Florida when it was crashed hard).

Sean

I saw an ad for a used Max that claimed it had a 17" front wheel from a YZF 600 R Thundercat. Any one tried that? Are any modifications required?

Thanks,

Bill

Back