Still not going to Americade!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Looks like the NY State Police are running the infamous "lets pull every bike over and write a bunch of tickets" roadblocks on the highway to Lake George NY this June. Hated it last year, and it's one of the reasons I'm not going any more. Be warned - this is a revenue grab by New York State - they're gonna ticket EVERYTHING!

BTW, did anyone here just sell a 2003 Max in Boone NC? Or maybe know anyone who did? There's a poster on the Americade board that has been mailing me about buying one. Of course I told him to do it!

Everything done in this shitty state is a money grab.

Yeah, seen that bullshit last year first hand. I will be passing this year also. It's a shame that it has become a money grab for these police agencies, it only hurts the communities that these events take place.

ya i went last year. drove 2 hours to wait at the rest area for another hour or so, turned around and came back home. i went to ride, not sit in traffic wondering if i'm gonna get a ticket for something the cops pay no attention to here! i could use that money to make my bike more "illegal" and just ride here in vt. fuck ny. there are plenty of other rallies that are far more biker friendly.

later odieoh24

It's a huge money grab AND a legalized shake-down. I wonder if the promoters or organizers of the Americade have somehow pissed off NY's "finest."

I would think that the sales tax revenue from food, fuel & lodging, plus all the sales generated at the event, would far exceed what the cops can net from writing tickets. So it seems like their real intention is to harm the event itself. Of course they're ultimately sticking it to the peeps of NY....but I'm sure they don't give a shit about that.....AND piss off a bunch of bikers...we KNOW they don't give a shit about THAT!!

It's only going to get worse.....:bang head:

The state needs the money....they is broke.....

Theys always been broke and in debt.......but somehow this is worse...

They are going to tax and ticket and fine and surcharge their way to financial nirvana......just you wait and see......:damn angry:

well i am planning on going, is anyone else? one of the few chances i'll get to meet up and ride with my brother and father. anything i need to keep an eye out for? i have inspection, all lights work and i'll be sure to wear my full face helmet.

well i am planning on going, is anyone else? one of the few chances i'll get to meet up and ride with my brother and father. anything i need to keep an eye out for? i have inspection, all lights work and i'll be sure to wear my full face helmet.

Garrett, unless you just get a 'bad draw' you should be OK. If you get the wrong cop you may get written up for the Trapps, but a chance to ride with your dad & bro---gotta be worth it!

I stopped at the drug store we went to on BR weekend, there was a bunch of Harley guys from Long Island there headed to Lk. George. They didn't think there would be many 'check points.'

Good dudes, we talked V Max's, Harleys & POlice for a while....hope they made it thru 'the gauntlet!' :punk:

Garrett, unless you just get a 'bad draw' you should be OK. If you get the wrong cop you may get written up for the Trapps, but a chance to ride with your dad & bro---gotta be worth it!

I stopped at the drug store we went to on BR weekend, there was a bunch of Harley guys from Long Island there headed to Lk. George. They didn't think there would be many 'check points.'

Good dudes, we talked V Max's, Harleys & POlice for a while....hope they made it thru 'the gauntlet!' :punk:

i'll have to keep the bike in check.

i made it from your house to my buddies troy in 32 minutes that night! too many open roads with no people on them around there!

It's the deer man!!!! Watch out for the friggin' deer!!:surprise::surprise::surprise:

like i said, i was more concerned about parking my bike in troy for the night. i got a massive chain from my friend tho and we chained 'em together and put cover on it, it was all good...

yea that is one negative to being a bit more in a less populated area.

Well, after 21 years of going up to Americade, I skipped it tyhis year, and didn't miss it a bit. I thought there'd be withdrawal or something, but it got so damn expensive and boring, I was happy to stay home. Besides, Thunder In The Valley gets going in 8 days!

i hear ya. we actually stayed out of the village for the most part. few times a yr i get to see my father n brother let alone ride with them so i didn't have a choice!

Back