Stock Carb Jets - Where to buy?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbiker

Reaction score
I recently purchased an 86 Max that was worked on by someone with very limited mechanical skills. I just had the carbs cleaned out and it appears that the previous owner drilled out the main jets. Someone with the proper skills could make them work but this guy drilled them all different sizes. I'm not interested in buying a Dynojet stage one kit and doing all the extra work; I just want to buy the original stock jets and install them. I'm running the stock airbox and exhaust; I want the bike to be completely stock when I'm done. Is there any place I can purchase just the stock jets or in a kit?

Also, the slide diaphragms are pretty worn and need replacing. I've watched videos of people changing them out and it looks fairly easy unless of course you break the slide. I don't want to go that route. Who sells the complete slide with diaphragm for the best price?

Thanks in advance!

Fatbiker

Thank you Dman999. I heard somewhere that two of the carbs used one size main jet and the other two carbs used a different size jet. Is that true?

Thank you Dman999. I heard somewhere that two of the carbs used one size main jet and the other two carbs used a different size jet. Is that true?

Early gen 1 years did. But, 4 of same is fine.

Just ordered 4 of the 152.5 main jets from Jets R Us. Now all I need are diaphragms. I see Jets R Us carries them for $76 each but does that include the slide as well? I don't want to buy the rubber only then have to install it on the slides. Also, do you know if they come with needles installed as well?

If you want adjustable stage 7 needles...check Morleys Muscle. Personal preference but I also prefer the S7 springs w slides drilled. JetsRus ask the owner any questions. His name is mike.

Thanks for all the help! Was able to pick up new main jets for $2.00 apiece at nearby cycle shop. Not only that but he ordered brand new carb diaphragms WITH slides for $60 apiece! Couldn't pass up that deal!

Fatbiker

That's a great price on the slides. I now have the aftermarket versions on hand for $75 each (way cheaper then stock).

Back