Stock Vmax Grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundermax

Reaction score
Have the stock Vmax grips on my 2005. It is a flat rubber grip, not a lot of insulation, no gel, etc. After riding for a while my right hand starts to get a little numb. Guess it is the vibration and the grip I put on the throttle.

Does anyone else know what I am talking about?

On my last Vmax put Kuryakyn gel grips, ISO type, on and did not notice the numbness. Am guessing this helped.

Asking for suggestions.

cushman,
the foam covers that go over the stock grips help, but the numbness went away for good for me when I installed bar-end Vibranators ( which uses tuned mass damper technology ) in the handlebar ends on my 06 when I had it. Kept the foam covers on too; like the feel.

Check out their website for details

http://www.vibranator.com/

Vibranators.

Have one recommendation for them. Are there any other users out there using this anti-handlebar vibration device.

One version for 1 inch id handlebars, the device goes inside the handlebar. It looks like on the Vmax version, the device has it's own end cap.

The web site indicates the device is for 1985 though 2000 model years. Have asked them if the device fits 2005.

I had a set of Vibranators too, in my '86. And when I went to solid motor mounts, I noticed NO difference in the handlebars. These things sure helped, I just wish I'd taken them out and kept them when I sold the bike..

I ordered the small grips for 7/8 inch handlebars.

Hope they go on without trouble.

Back