Tall guy Vmax comfort mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SILVERTVMAX

Reaction score
I have completed all of the mods that improve the comfort for the tall riders out there:
Corbin seat, sits taller then the stock seat, much firmer.
Buell pegs, lower foot position, less knee bend.
31 inch drag bars, better position, wider feel.
Bar end mirrors, works better with the wider bars.

I rode 200 miles yesterday, so much better then the ols set up.
I hope this helps the taller riders out there.

Attachments

• 0608141148a.jpg
    0608141148a.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 358
  • 0608141148.jpg
    0608141148.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 374
  • 0608141147.jpg
    0608141147.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 384
I have completed all of the mods that improve the comfort for the tall riders out there:
Corbin seat, sits taller then the stock seat, much firmer.
Buell pegs, lower foot position, less knee bend.
31 inch drag bars, better position, wider feel.
Bar end mirrors, works better with the wider bars.

I rode 200 miles yesterday, so much better then the ols set up.
I hope this helps the taller riders out there.

Nice, I was having the same problems & I added forward controls made a huge difference for me

the buell pegs are nice touch....gona have to find some. been wanting lower food pegs for awhile now.

Some of you VMOA guys may know this bike. It was my Dads, Scott Wingerter, VMOA Treasurer, 140,000 miles and still going strong!

So how did you connect that can? That looks like the old Hindle headers, but definitely not one of their cans. I'm thinking of cutting mine to give myself options for loud and soft depending on how I feel.

Keep in mind that even the standard height pegs will drag the ground in aggressive corners. Having them lowered can only increase the problem. They do look great though.

What pegs those are, do they bolt on directly or what kind of mods they need to fit vmax? I'd like to get some lower pegs too.

They're Buell pegs. I think you could also get some drop adapters from Kuryakyn if you have those pegs, though.

So how did you connect that can? That looks like the old Hindle headers, but definitely not one of their cans. I'm thinking of cutting mine to give myself options for loud and soft depending on how I feel.

It is a two brothers exhaust, i just cut off 4 inchs, it sounds awesome. I need to polish the ends and clear coat the carbon fiber.

Last edited:
I have the same mirrors. I really like them. But I mounted mine upside down. The hang below bars and give bike a low, mean look. Still usable just getting used to looking under your arms takes a min to get used to. I gotta find some buell pegs, looks great!!!

Do you have the starfighter seat? I am 6'2" and I want to sit lower on the bike, I think this is what I need.

I'm 6'1" (35" Inseam) and I added 1" of hi-density foam and re-shaped my stock seat way back in 2001 when I first bought it.
It's basically still stock height but Much more comfortable than the stock seat was.
Lowering the seat will force you to bend you legs more and that would definitely make me more uncomfortable.

I can ride for hours now without my A$$ and legs going numb.
I use the crash guards as highway pegs when I need to stretch my legs out.

Attachments

• 2000-Vmax-Stock-vs-Modified-Seat-768.jpg
    2000-Vmax-Stock-vs-Modified-Seat-768.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 109
I'm 6'1" (35" Inseam) and I added 1" of hi-density foam and re-shaped my stock seat way back in 2001 when I first bought it.
It's basically still stock height but Much more comfortable than the stock seat was.
Lowering the seat will force you to bend you legs more and that would definitely make me more uncomfortable.

I can ride for hours now without my A$$ and legs going numb.
I use the crash guards as highway pegs when I need to stretch my legs out.

I was going to go that route, but came across the corbin on ebay, i think i paid 180.00 plus shipping. It has 1 small mark in the rear you cant even see. What a difference from the stock seat.

Do you have the starfighter seat? I am 6'2" and I want to sit lower on the bike, I think this is what I need.

That's odd, I'm 6'1" and feel that the seat is too LOW stock.. But I'm used to sportbike seats, and them being up higher. What bothers me most is after about 75-100 miles of hard riding in the mountains the stock vmax seat starts to hurt quadriceps up to my tail bone area. So I pulled the seat, removed the cover and bolstered the stock padding with tempurpedic foam, adding ~1-1.5" overall height to the seat, and boosting the shock absorbsion. Drawing the stock leatherette/pleather cover back down nice and tight makes it look 95% stock, with just a tiny bit of 'lumpy' look to the seat (since the new foam has "divots" in it that slightly show through) But comfort is much improved.

I use my engine guards as freeway pegs when not in the corners, so that helps extend out my legs.

As for bars, I got a set of UFO drag bars for like, $40. Great price if you ask me. Those make my arms come out at a much more comfortable angle/position, and give better leverage for cornering.

I'm not really tall, but I have long legs.
I put on rearsets, but this allows me to fold down the passenger pegs and then bend my legs back so that my toes are resting on the rearsets, and the heel of my foot is resting on the passenger pegs. Feels almost like a floorboard.

Then for highway cruising, I can stretch out and use the custom highway pegs we made at work.

I also use low-rise superbike bars. They are wide and a bit forward for all day comfort.
The Sportmax seat is cut low, but with these mods, I can ride this all day. I think being able to switch positions because of the various positions I can put my feet in, helps a bunch.

Vinnie

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Folding highway pegs

Anyone using folding highway pegs mounted to the engine guards?
If so, what did you go with? Any Picts?

Looking to get more blood circulating in the legs on long rides. :biglaugh:

Re: Folding highway pegs

Anyone using folding highway pegs mounted to the engine guards?
If so, what did you go with? Any Picts?

Looking to get more blood circulating in the legs on long rides. :biglaugh:

I do. I got them from Sean. He has stock passenger peg brackets welded on there. Works great. Lemme find a pic...

Here's one.
https://goo.gl/photos/MvquuXKiRyN7SLyB7

Back