This just HAD to be done!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I was beginning to fear we weren't going to have the weather for our 3 State ride so I did it today, but made it a 4 State run instead!! It seemed important that no 'discussed ride' go unridden in the year it's discussed! (I'm weird that way!!)

It took a little over 5 hours and I covered 192 miles.

Got a little cool up in the mountains of southwestern VT but otherwise a real nice day.

Some guy at a gas station came over to look at the max, turns out he has a '98 with Mark's. Unfortunately I had Sallymax with the Marvings....who wouldda thunk you'd run into another Mark's guy in Lebanon Valley, NY....go figure.

Come to think of it...Cogitator is from that area, he might know this guy.

Attachments

• 100_1646.jpg
    100_1646.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_1650.jpg
    100_1650.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_1651.jpg
    100_1651.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_1653.jpg
    100_1653.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 76
I'm concerned about NG, his only concern was of your ass???? (OH YA, I WENT THERE!)

Good job Dan scoping out a new route for next time we can ride together. I still might bring the bike south next week and if we get lucky with sunshine we should go burn some liquid carbon atoms.........

Good job Dan scoping out a new route for next time we can ride together. I still might bring the bike south next week and if we get lucky with sunshine we should go burn some liquid carbon atoms.........

Absolutely....increase our "footprint" by a few sizes...I'm up for that!! S'posed to be mid 60's today, possibly 70 somethin' tomorrow....I'm gonna be all over these roads like a fat kid eatin ice cream!! (that's vmaxride06's saying....I borrowed it, alright...I stole it!!)

sorry guys, i was beginning to fear we weren't going to have the weather for our 3 state ride so i did it today, but made it a 4 state run instead!! It seemed important that no 'discussed ride' go unridden in the year it's discussed! (i'm weird that way!!)

it took a little over 5 hours and i covered 192 miles.

Got a little cool up in the mountains of southwestern vt but otherwise a real nice day.

Some guy at a gas station came over to look at the max, turns out he has a '98 with mark's. Unfortunately i had sallymax with the marvings....who wouldda thunk you'd run into another mark's guy in lebanon valley, ny....go figure.

Come to think of it...cogitator is from that area, he might know this guy.
aahhhh , bull-shit ! I saw these signs behind your garage at the brownie run ! !!!!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Way to go Dan-O!!!! Like the mantra for sure! Need to upgrade to a Morley seat myself. Those 250 miles per day back and forth to work 5 days a week killed all the nerves in my arse (stay away from this one Blaine LOL).

Now everyone has to remember the Alaska 2010 ride next August!!! As Danny said "Leave no planned ride unridden!" so we are committed!

Way to go Dan-O!!!! Like the mantra for sure! Need to upgrade to a Morley seat myself. Those 250 miles per day back and forth to work 5 days a week killed all the nerves in my arse (stay away from this one Blaine LOL).

Now everyone has to remember the Alaska 2010 ride next August!!! As Danny said "Leave no planned ride unridden!" so we are committed!

Those 250 miles per day back and forth to work 5 days a week killed all the nerves in my arse (stay away from this one Blaine LOL).

Too easy! LOL!

You're going to need a numb butt to cover that kind of mileage...and if you get hijacked by a group of good-lookin' bikers along the way, you won't even know what they've done!

Blaine

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 10
Yep, just a shade under 5,600km each way. That's if I follow your map. The one I did up takes me the northern route across the Great Lakes area and adds ~400km each way to the trip. Going to have to do oil changes along the way LOL. But, as Danny says, we have to do it:punk:

Yep, just a shade under 5,600km each way. That's if I follow your map. The one I did up takes me the northern route across the Great Lakes area and adds ~400km each way to the trip. Going to have to do oil changes along the way LOL. But, as Danny says, we have to do it:punk:

Engine oil for sure. Tires probably. Might be a good idea to install new brake pads before leaving, check coolant, diff oil...gonna shut up now before I say something dumb, or worse, say something smart and give Jim a heart attack.

Blaine

WTG Danny- and Yep...I bet Iknow exactly who the guy was. (That's the bike I was telling you about.) Did ya run 22 south from VT into Lebs?? If so you were a mile from our lil "Home in the Hollow"...

Get yer Morley seats! for perspective, Danny went 190 miles and hit 4 states. Anchorage, the nearest city, is 365 miles from Fairbanks.

.PDF flier is due out soon, I'm hoping to have it finished by Sunday.

SWEET RUN DANNY, I wish I could have been there. I'm thinking of brining my bike down to the lower 48, or making a run accross Canada after I graduate.

Engine oil for sure. Tires probably. Might be a good idea to install new brake pads before leaving, check coolant, diff oil...gonna shut up now before I say something dumb, or worse, say something smart and give Jim a heart attack.

Blaine

LOL! Actually for the first time in a long time we are on the same page! I actually have a checklist for the ride and it includes all of your suggestions and then some. Am considering having a set of tires up there to be mounted once I get there.

Back