Time to Rebuild... :)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippo6

Reaction score
So as most of you know, I kinda .....uh.... dented my max last August. :bang head: Thanks to Mike (mabdcmb) I now have a complete front end with progressive springs, fork brace, fender, handle bars and shifter! CaptainKyle for a Rad and Fan! and Bill Kratzenberg for a Headlight Mount <-- free of charge! Everything will arrive this Sunday and I should be wrenching on it next week. I also need to send a huge shout out to Sean Morley for putting up with my endless questions which ranged from NOOB to BOOB.... Sadly, there will be more to come... you've all been warned :rofl_200:

Anyway, I'm going to post pics to this thread as I progress through the rebuild. For now, only 3 pics.
1) before
2) after the accident
3) as it sits now - stripped/nekid

Attachments

• Pre-Accident.jpg
    Pre-Accident.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 129
  • After Accident.jpg
    After Accident.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Nekid.jpg
    Nekid.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 152
It's good. There are 2 little marks on the inside where the motor rolled forward (Stock motor mounts) and the valve cover made contact. Other than that, the neck is straight and no where are there any indications (Cracking or chipping paint) of any flex at all.

hows the frame shane?

It's good. There are 2 little marks on the inside where the motor rolled forward (Stock motor mounts) and the valve cover made contact. Other than that, the neck is straight and no where are there any indications (Cracking or chipping paint) of any flex at all.

I have crashed long time ago and back then, I was also thinking my frame is straight and good - I was wrong.
It looks like 15mm bend on the neck - im going to straightening soon enough.

Well I see your problem... You're too young and short to ride it safely...

Good luck!

Chris

I got to wrench on the bike today. :clapping:
Here's a before and after(s).... :punk:

Attachments

• DSCF2062.jpg
    DSCF2062.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF2088.jpg
    DSCF2088.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF2090.jpg
    DSCF2090.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF2082.jpg
    DSCF2082.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 39
Cool looks like you will be back on the road soon.

Yes sir! I'd have the rad on too, but the mounting tabs on the side (that I had impacted) were bent back and I didn't want to bend them back into place without heating them.... So next weekend I'll get that mounted up :eusa_dance:

I'll add to that 'I thought it was strait but it wasn't' caution. My father wrecked his Voyager bad, total wipe out with Him and my Mother flipping it thru the sky. He bought it back from the insurance company and then build a trike out of it. While the forks had snapped off at the triple tree, the frame looked fine. Four months of building and on the day He took it for it's maiden voyage we found that it wanted to go left really well, but holding it in a strait line would tire your arm after 30 minutes. With a motorcycle the problem will likely not be as pronounced but it will show up in other ways.

Captain, does she atleast let you use it when she's doing the dishes?:clapping:

I'll add to that 'I thought it was strait but it wasn't' caution. My father wrecked his Voyager bad, total wipe out with Him and my Mother flipping it thru the sky. He bought it back from the insurance company and then build a trike out of it. While the forks had snapped off at the triple tree, the frame looked fine. Four months of building and on the day He took it for it's maiden voyage we found that it wanted to go left really well, but holding it in a strait line would tire your arm after 30 minutes. With a motorcycle the problem will likely not be as pronounced but it will show up in other ways.

Captain, does she atleast let you use it when she's doing the dishes?:clapping:
LOL ! I have another 85 on the way & an 89 in the garage & an old 86 I am gonna fix now I just have to decide which one to keep.

So today I got the signals replaced and wired back up, headlight mounted and started bleeding the front brakes.... 4+ HOURS!!! of squeezing the brake lever and I'm still not done... If I wasn't so damn cheap I'd buy a mitivac... lol

Back