train horn or other frighteningly loud horn?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Framm car horn wired direct to the battery and it's plenty loud.

One of my tractor/trailer drivers has a train horn on his rig and it is deafly loud when standing near the truck. Only problem is the air system on the rig won't produce enough air for it to blow for more than a couple of seconds at most, so it could never be hooked up to work on a max.

Mike

Does it matter what type of horn relay used to get the most out of an aftermarket horn on the max?i just installed a louder horn gotten off of amazon, disk type, claimed 125 db but a bit bigger than the stock. If a relay is needed for max power and db I would like to install one just need to know what to get.

I run a pair of bugle style air horns, from pep boys, one air motor, two horns. The shortest length they had.

The air motor is slightly smaller than a soda can.
Same size as the one in Marks post but does not have the horn mounted directly on the air motor.

When I had the stock air box I put the motor inside the box, had a hole for the air tube and wiring. The motor was just small enough to fit in a front corner outside the filter.

With the Pod filters it is mounted to the crossbar that support the instrument cluster.

The horns are mounted In a criss cross pattern in front of the front head behind the coil assembly and under the TCI, you can't even see them.

You definitely need a relay for the air horns, its a motor load.

I run a pair of FIamm car horn wired straight to the battery via a relay - horn wire energizes the relay. It's efffin' loud - like a car only better as they're out, not inside a motor compartment :)

Total cost of mod = $35

I've got a Stebel Nautilus on my M109R, and just bought a Wolo Bad Boy for the VMax. (If I can mount it; I'll try to do it like Maleko89 did.)

But, if you want LOUD, try this out for size: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CEoQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpTRYm_peqGA&ei=BbwwUvysHYHCywG37IGABg&usg=AFQjCNHU1_F4GJ-k6nIw-zljb7057Wgpqw&sig2=8DSvrhNXnZrybFiWKVshPQ&bvm=bv.52109249,d.aWc

That will wake the cagers up

Have any of you running the stebel horn run in to issues mounting it horizontal instead of vertical? I'd like to hide it in the air dam.

Latest posts

Back